Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parent and sibling section lists

Dear All

Thank you for your help with my last query.

Does anybody happen to know if there is a complete list of netquotevars available anywhere?

Reason being i'd like to have a list of the sibling sections displayed on the page as opposed to 'child' sections obtained through NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLISTTOP

They're now at the back of the latest Advanced Guide which can be found on the main Actinic site.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

They are also in the main help - look at the 'Index' for a list of all the templates, and then it will tell you which variables appear in which templates.

Comment

parent and sibling section lists

thanks norman and chris for your prompt replies again. i'm afraid that i've not made a great deal of headway even with the list of netquotevars.

perhaps you could use your experience to help me further. the page i am trying to develop is at http://stitch1.hazelhost.co.uk/acata...Ballerina.html

i have two things to do....

1. have the section name Angelina Ballerina appear where it currently says Section Name Appears here in large red text. Simply dropping in NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME doesn't work.

2. in the left hand side column where it says 'Browse DMC' i would like NOT the list of child products to appear but the list of sibling sections that can be seen on http://stitch1.hazelhost.co.uk/acata...facturer1.html (or simply click the DMC link in the breadcrumb menu) ie. the list begining 'All Our Yesterdays' on the lhs.

why? because this menu will be more useful to the visitor as the 'child' products are essentially the same products as in the central coumn but with more detail.

thanks again.
        pete

Comment

1. have the section name Angelina Ballerina appear where it currently says Section Name Appears here in large red text. Simply dropping in NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME doesn't work.

The variable you need is NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER.

2. in the left hand side column where it says 'Browse DMC' i would like NOT the list of child products to appear but the list of sibling sections that can be seen on http://stitch1.hazelhost.co.uk/acat...ufacturer1.html (or simply click the DMC link in the breadcrumb menu) ie. the list begining 'All Our Yesterdays' on the lhs.

Are you talking about a list of the top level sections in the store? If so, then in the Advanced User Guide there are specific instructions for inserting a list of the top-level sections in the store as a bulleted list.

Alternatively, use NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP (ensuring top-level section lists are turned on in 'Design Options | Sections').

THe sites looking good by the way.

Comment

parent sibling list

Hi Chris

thanks for the compliment - its a collaberative (incl. you now!) labor of love and we hope it'll look/be pretty good when its all done.

regards the parent siblinglist - i don't believe its the 'top level section' in the store i need which in this case would be needlework/knitting/rugmaking/accessories - but rather just the immediate level up from Angelina which is called 'DMC' (see breadcrumb menu).

DMC's product list and begins with 'All Our Yesterdays' and Angelina is item 4.

BTW - NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER is just what i needed! TA.

Comment

Hi Peter

I don't believe it is possible to have a list of the sibling sections of the parent section in the way you describe. The only thing you could use is links to the 'Next' and 'Previous' sections with code like the following:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
              <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
              <td align="right"><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
              </tr>
              </table>

Comment

Working...
              X