Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ref: - where is this?

Where is the Actinic:PRODUCT_REF found?

there is an nbsp; in front of the Ref I need to remove, and can't find.

tia

Greg
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Hi Greg

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF can be found in the Act_Productline.html template.

If you go to "Advance | Template Manager" click on Section Tab, then click on Product Line, and you will find here NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF

Hope this helps
    Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there,

You can also try going to Design | Text click on the 'Goto' button and inserting the values;

Phase = -1
      ID = 65

Check to see if there is a space in the prompt.
      Thank You
      Menar Khan

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I know how to where it is in the template - I can move it in template, and that's not a problem.

The template I'm using is clean 12 - there are extra characters in the substituted ACT_PRODUCTREF that I want to edit. These are NOT in the act_productline.html - but must be substituted in by Actinic - possible using a text definition (which I can't find).

I know where to find it in the template - the problem is, the code that's actually substituted in for ACT_PRODUCTREF - it includes an   and the :

I need to remove the   and change the #58;

Comment

Originally posted by Menar
          Hi there,

You can also try going to Design | Text click on the 'Goto' button and inserting the values;

Phase = -1
          ID = 65

Check to see if there is a space in the prompt.
          that's it. Thanks.

The code there appear to have a plain colon ( - does Actinic change it to a : internally? Can this encoding be turned off?

Comment

You could try commenting out the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF and replacing it with NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE

This puts the product reference onto the page without going through Design/Text.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              You could try commenting out the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF and replacing it with NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE

This puts the product reference onto the page without going through Design/Text.

Norman
              Thanks Norman - that will do the trick. The problem appears to be Actinic encoding any spaces or non-alphnumeric chars it finds in the Design/Text section of the settings. ie, the space in front of the Ref: was changed by Actinic to an nbsp; and the colon to #58; - which makes it a pain to find things in the text section, as the reverse encoding isn't done when searching.

It has been a long time since we've had to reverse engineer very specific requirements back into Actinic - the sheer size and number of text elements, places things can be hidden etc in v6 makes searching for changing a tiny piece of text into a 30 minute + exercise.

Here's hoping for great things in v7... !! ;{)

Comment

Working...
              X