image/stylesheet error on checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image/stylesheet error on checkout

I have recently taken over a site run on this software and the owner has just contacted me as they are having problems on the checkout/basket pages.

I have had a look and the error and the images and the style sheet get lost. this only happens sometimes and the only way to get the graphics and stylesheet back on those pages is to go back to the index and start again and then they appear. I really can;t see why this should be happening - please help

J

Hi there,

Can you please post your web site URL so we can take a look?
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

http://www.knickerdrawer.com

Comment

Hi, Have you been able to see whats going on with this problem?

have you been able to reproduce it?

any help would be much appreciated

J

Comment

Hi there,

I can reproduce the problem. Is it the buttons that are losing the style sheet?

Also going back to the homepage and retuning to the checkout pages did not resolve the problem for me.

I am not sure what the problem might be as my knowledge in that area is not great, however maybe someone else can comment.
          Thank You
          Menar Khan

Comment

Thanks for the response.

It is the whole page that loses its link to the stylesheet and images meaning that none of the graphics appear and the formating of the page that is handled by the stylesheet doesn't appear.

Please help if anyone knows what is going on here or why it might be happening??

J

Comment

Hi there,

As far as I can see the only difference are the buttons on the checkout page.

Maybe this is what the site always was? What problem did the owner point out?

If the problem is in regards of the button then this can be due to the correct coding i.e.

The cancel button has the following code;

<input type="image" name="ACTION" src="cancel.gif" VALUE="Cancel">

However, the next button has the

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME=ACTION VALUE="Next>">

But, like I stated above the site may have always been like this.

If that is the case then I am having no problems other then that.
              Thank You
              Menar Khan

Comment

Just incase we are at crossed wires, this is what it looks like when it loses the images and style sheet
                Attached Files

Comment

and this is what it looks like after I have closed the browser window and gone back into the site.

as you can see none of the images are ther in the first one and the style sheet isn't there either, if you look at the second one it all seems to be ok.

why should it get so confused??
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

This could be a caching issue, as I view the site as on example 2.

In order to resolve the problem please clear out your cookies. To do this please go to Tools | Internet Option |General Tab (in Internet Explorer) and delete your cookies, if however the problem still remains try clearing out your session files by going to Help | Troubleshooting | Purge Session file button in Actinic.
                    Thank You
                    Menar Khan

Comment

Hi,

I have done the cookie purge and that seems to have no effect, if anything it is now worse not being able to get the proper checkout page at all.

the second thing you recomend I don't seem to be able to find. I have only just started using the program but there doesn't seem to be a help | troubleshooting section to allow me to purge the session files??

are they online?

are you always viewing the site as in example 2, have you managed to reproduce the circumstances of example 1 ?

Matt

Comment

Looked fine to me.
                        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

help | troubleshooting
                          Sorry my mistake this function is only available in Actinic V6.

are you always viewing the site as in example 2, have you managed to reproduce the circumstances of example 1
                          Yes, I am always viewing the site in example 2 and have not managed to reproduce the problem on my machine.
                          Thank You
                          Menar Khan

Comment

right the problem I think seems to be with the the address

http://www.knickerdrawer.com/cgi-bin...rt%21&REFPAGE=

as you can see the referring page (which I assume REFPAGE is) sometimes is missing and this seems to be when the problem is happening.

Is this a possibility?

it might explain why it can't find the images/stylesheet sometimes

any suggestions would be much appreciated

matt

Comment

I can't see any problem with the checkout images either.

I would warn you though about Actinic's strict policy on using catalog/business for sites that are Adult in nature. I seem to remember someone asked about this recently.

See this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=3898

Mike
                              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X