Error on V6 upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on V6 upload

Having just upgraded from V5 to V6 and then done a full site refresh, I keep on getting the following error when trying to add a product to my cart...

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Setup blob version is 25, but only version 24 is supported.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

This means that you have an older version of the scripts on the web site than on pc. You need to do a refresh, if that doesn't work, delete everything and do another refresh.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

I half-tried this... I deleted all the files from the CGI bin hoping that all the perl files contained therein would be refreshed and all would be hunky dory...

I suppose the .cat files in the actalog directory also ought to go...?

I'll delete the lot and start from scratch and see what happens.

Thanks

Jos
      Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Jan...

Ok I've done this and we are still getting the same response from the server...

Can you think of anyhting else I might try?

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

check refresh uploaded all the scripts and a???.cat files - they all have version numbers in them so a complete refresh should work. perhaps the updater failed to copy the v6 script templates into the site1 directory - site updater thing hasn't worked properly since v5.00...

copy .pl and .pm files from the v6 original directory to the site1 directory then try refresh

Comment

Resolved the problem...

It turns out the the version of Perl required to run V6 is 5.0.6 and the version running on the host server (a RaQ 5.50) is 5.0.5

We've republished hte V5 catalog for the time being (so that all works) and when the new version of Perl is installed we'll try again!

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Jos
            Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

This blob thing is a common error -

This is normally down to a version mismatch and can be cured by copying all of the .pl and .pm files from the directory called
              'Original' into his 'Site1' (or active) directory (about 14 in total),
              also
              copy the templates Act_Order00.html to Act_Order04.html from 'themes' to 'Site1'.

Then from a directory called 'ShipControl' beneath the directory
              'Original' copy all of the templates and the .pl file to the equivalent
              directory below 'Site1'.

When has done this, completely refresh the site (Web | Refresh).

Chris can this be added to the knowledge base?

Comment

Sure thing... <fx: goes away and fiddles with knowledgebase for 5 mins>

OK - check out:
                http://www.actinic.com/knowledge/aca...27.html#aCD124

Comment

Guys...

Thanks for this advice however this hasn't fixed the problem...

I'm now getting the following error message from the browser on adding an item to the cart

A General Script Error Occurred

Error: Mallformed XML cart template (missing ODLine)
                  Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

Any ideas?

Jos
                  Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Are you using a CSS or a non-CSS theme?

If you are using a non-CSS theme then copy Act_OrderDetails.html from '/formats/themes/Business' into your Site1 folder and upload.

If you are using a CSS theme then copy Act_OrderDetails.html from '/formats/themes/BusinessCSS' into your Site1 folder and upload.

This should fix it - this template sometimes does not get uploaded correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X