Hard Drive Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Drive Failure

OK, Hard drive has failed. I have a snapshot of the site from 18 months ago by my latest snapshot CD has corrupted. Is there any possible way I can retrive the website from my server?
    I know that this is not possible in v.5 but thought v.6 may be different?
    The thought of re-entering all the data terrifies me as we have over 5000 products on the site!
    Many thanks

Simon Bridges
    www.alexreade.net

Bad news. The website has your pictures, prices, and text but nothing else that would help you rebuild the site.

There are companies that recover data from damaged drives. They're not cheap but they might be better than all the time needed to redo all that data.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman
      My hard disk is with a data recovery firm from tommorow and your right in saying that it's expensive! If I do manage to recover the 'site1' file is it simply a case of re-installing the actinic software and pasting my recovered site1 folder over the default site 1 file in actinic?

Comment

Site1 (and its sub-folders) is nearly enough. You would also need the encryption keys (all the stuff in Housekeeping / Security) in order to download existing orders that may be waiting for you. These are held in the Registry. They may also be accessible via that ancient snapshot. Ask Actinic for detailed help on that one.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The thing to do would be to

1) Install the software

2) Import the ancient snapshot (to get the correct security settings)

3) Copy in your recovered Site1 folder over the top of the out-of-date Site1 folder.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X