developer upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

developer upgrade?

I am trying out the Developer trial, after previously using Catalog for my first foray into Actinic, http://www.oldpond.com which is now live.

I find the DW integration fairly useful, but am not sure whether this and the multi site licensing are worth the extra outlay. I certainly hope to be developing multiple sites, and deploying Order Manager for most of the clients.

But the Actinic site suggests, if not explicitly states, that Order Manager can be used with Developer deployed sites. Can OM not be used with Business?
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Hi there

Most people who have business or catalog, have one machine uploading to the website, and other machine downloading orders.

The reason why you would need Order Manager for Developer, is because if you want to pass on the site to your client, your client will need to purchase an licence. Some people would like the developer to update their site, and they would want to download the orders only. Therefore they purchase Order Manager.

However, they can purchase Catalog or Business, if they want to update the site themselves.

Hope this makes sense

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nadeem.

I don't think I phrased my question very well!

What I meant to ask was, if I buy Business licenses for each site I develop, can the client buy an Order Manager license to maintain the order processing, whilst I maintain the catalogue (using Business).

I'm sure this is possible(?), but was confused by the actinic website description of Order Manager listing one of the requirements as 'Web site...set up by Actinic Developer'.

Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Hi Dan

What I meant to ask was, if I buy Business licenses for each site I develop, can the client buy an Order Manager license to maintain the order processing, whilst I maintain the catalogue (using Business).
        You can just set up one machine to upload the catalog, and one machine to download the orders, therefore you would not need an additional licence for your client.

You can set up business to be just Order Manager, by going into "View | Business Settings | Options", Where it says "Allow on this PC", untick Catalog Maintenance, Design Change and Network Setup.

Order Manager is just for Developers, because developer users can licence unlimited site, but their client needs an additional licence

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X