Changing the <Title> Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the <Title> Tag

I know that Actinic allows you to enter meta tags like descriptions and keywords. However I cannot seem to find where I can edit the title of each section. The Title is very important and Actinic always places the Company name before the section name in the title of each page. I would like to remove the Company Name from the title. I'd like to be able to customize the Title of each section page, however I see no place in the software where I can do this. I don't want to edit it manually in another program, becuase then each time you upload Actinic you have to manually change each page again.. NOT what I want to do!

How would I edit the Title tag in Actinic? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards!
    Annette

Edit Act_Primary.html and take NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE out of the title tag. NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER is the section name you set, so you can leave that.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Try making a CUSTOMVAR (see Advanced / CustomProperties), called, say, SECTIONTITLE. The put CUSTOMVAR:SECTIONTITLE into Act_Primary within the <TITLE> and </TITLE> tags.

Now open a Section / Advanced / Properties, click the "+" and choose SECTIONTITLE. Set its value to the title you want. If using business uncheck Searchable and check Use as CUSTOMVAR.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!

Thank you both so much. It was simple to do and worked wonderfully!!

Can't thank you enough!! Hats off to you both!
        Regards!
        Annette

Comment

Working...
        X