aaargh - me hard drive's failing!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aaargh - me hard drive's failing!!!!

the pc that runs my Actinic has suddenly developed severe hardware problems & I need to quickly migrate the site to a different machine before the original puter goes bang. It seemed really easy to export/import the site, no problems at all there. But when I run a network test I get this message:

"Unable to connect to the FTP server "www.attacc.com" because the specified server is invalid. This could also occur if the network connection is down.

The server name or address could not be resolved"

Is it cos my new puter has a different IP address? How do I fix this?

Ta for any help
    Dave

First thing you need to do is take a copy of site 1, and burn it do CD, copy all the keys from Housekeeping security into Notepad.

THEN worry about the remote server

The IP address of the PC is irrevelant as far as uploading is concerned. You need to check your network dettings. The best way to ensure the correct network settings is to export them from the old computer and import to the new one

Comment

Thanks Jo!

Good idea, and thanks for the support!

I will start burning this - and other emergency stuff - onto CD. By Monday not only will I be bald from pulling mu hair out but I'll be tripping over the bags under my eyes! Computers.... who was it that ever thought that they were a good idea? <sighs>

Comment

Working...
      X