Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick price conversion?

Hi all,

A customer has an existing site in GBP, they now want to replicate the site as a euro site so all the prices have to be in euros. They don't want the price displayed in pounds and euros (as that would be too easy)but just in euros.

I now face the daunting task of changing every price using a calculator with current conversion rate of 1.44 or so.

Is there any quick way of changing these prices? ie. £9.99 to €14.38. Perhaps on the database?

The real pain will be with the products with extra components.

Please help!

Kindest Regards

Granthams.

Hi there,

I believe the optimal solution will be to copy the price column from the database (Product table) into Excel perform a formula which converts the price, then simply copy and paste the converted prices back into the database.

Hope this helps to resolve your problem
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Hi Menar,

Thanks for the reply.

Have just been looking at the database and have noticed that
      all the products with components, attributes and choices have a 0 in the price column. I realise this is because there is no 'master' price. How would I go about about changing those type of products?

Kind Regards

Granthams.

Comment

These product prices can be found in the 'Product Properties' table in the database.
        Thank You
        Menar Khan

Comment

Thanks again Menar,

Is the nValue1 column the price column? It seems to tally up with some of the product prices in the catalog but they are named 12:22. 12:23, 12:24 etc. Is this correct?

Kind Regards

Granthams.

Comment

Yes that's correct. Sorry I forgot to mention earlier.
            Thank You
            Menar Khan

Comment

Thank Menar,

I really appreciate the help.

Regards

Granthams

Comment

Working...
              X