Truncated data errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truncated data errors

New user doing his first ever catalogue using v6.02. I get an error message when trying to do a site snap shot as follows:

There was a problem with the database
    Operation: Moving through the [SetupInfo] table where nGroupID IN (0)
    Data truncated.
    Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate

Using some logic, guess work and a copy of Access I think the problem is the data in the SetupInfo table where sName = 'Compact data of the last uploaded URLs'. As my site has a domain with a rather long URL AND is in a sub directory of that domain, my URLs are kinda long and the data stored in the sLargeData field is 286 characters long. Is this too much for Actinic? Has anyone else had this problem?

I look forwards to your comments

Christopher Drew

I'll run this past the technical team.

Comment

If you remove that rather large URL from the field in the SetupInfo table, the snapshot will be able to complete successfully.

This will be fixed in the next maintenance version of Actinic Ecommerce v6.

Comment

Data Truncated

Any news on this fix, I get the same error but when I update the site.

www.hunter-boardwear.com

Comment

Hmm it could be that the error message just stops the long value from appearing, rather than removing it from a database where it is already there.

You may have to apply the fix described above, but then it should not happen again.

Comment

Data Truncated

Thanks for the reply, I have to use the fix mentioned so it allows me to upload, but the field in the access db is re-populated every time I use actinic.

Comment

Working...
            X