Actinic closed and I need support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic closed and I need support!

I bought Actinic Business 12 months ago - but have lost my disk I contacted support as I needed to urgently swap PCs as I had a hard disk failure.

They mailed me Friday with a link to the download page - I downloaded the software on Saturday morning but needed an authorization key. No porblem - I thought and went for the evaluation option.

I then imported my backed up site but now have the problem that as soon as it was imported, my '30 days evaluation' has expired.

Worse, my old PC has now died entirely so I can't even boot it up to use it to upload stuff to my site today.

I urgently need to change my site today but support is closed until Monday - is there any way round this?????

Thanks

If you've lost your evaluation key as well as the CD then the only place to look is in the registry of the dead system. It's nowhere on Site1.

You may also need the info in Housekeeping / Security (again held in the registry and not Site1) so that your new site uses the same encryption keys as the old (in order to download pending orders).

Catch22, I'm afraid, until Actinic re-opens.

Norman

PS.

Message for everyone. Get that info in Housekeeping / Security off your system and onto a floppy or CD just in case. And back-up Site1 regularly. There's a regular trickle of "My hard disk failed and I never bothered to back-up - what do I do now?" horror stories on these forums. And the answer is... rebuild your entire site from scratch.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I am now in the dead system

Thanks Norman

Good news/Bad news

I am now in the dead system and have copied across all files from the Actinic eCommerce Version 6 to the same foleder on the enw PC - still same problem hwoever...why is this the case when in real terms I have just replicated what is on my current dying system?

Regards

Phil

Comment

Registry path

Any idea of where in the registry I can find the code?

Comment

To get your authorization key, using regedit, look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Actinic/Catalog6/Site/Site1/AuthorizationKey

It is visible in plain text.
          Bob Ladden

Comment

If your dying system still runs Actinic then go into Houskeeping / Security and copy all the info there to a textfile. That's the stuff that's held in the registry and doesn't copy over with Site1.

Then on the new system you can paste it in from that file.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Wahey again!

Sorry - wrong button!

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=5235

Comment

Working...
              X