Changing Text Line Into Text Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Text Line Into Text Box

I want to make the text line into a text box theres something in the knowledge base about it but i cant figure out how to change the high of it only the width..

theres something in the knowledge base about it...
    We can't look over your shoulder so you could help us by either quoting or referring to the article you're reading.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...ut.html#aGC137

Comment

Got you now. That KB article is only about making the single line text box longer. It won't make it into a TEXTAREA field which is what you want for Multi-Line input.

There are two solutions.

Make a TEXTAREA type entry. The Forum has postings on doing just this. See http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4700 for up-to-date info on this. That post is for 6.1.3 onwards.

Note that the patch is different for Actinic 6.1.2 and earlier so you'd have to search elsewhere for that.

Use Multiple Other info fields. I've done a free patch that extends Actinic by allowing many separate input lines. Details on www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html

Norman

Comment

Instructions for both pre and post 6.1.3 are in the latest advanced user guide.

Comment

post 6.1.3 are in the latest advanced user guide...
            And are, uncannily, identical to my code mentioned above

Norman

Comment

textarea for general info?

I've applied various versions of the textarea patches but can't get it to work. I suspect the "other info" text area is NOT the "general information" text that is entered right before you check out. This is where you enter user-defined fields.

Is there also a design text substitution for this, or should I manually change the html files?

thx -

s.

Comment

Your original post was "I want to make the text line into a text box...". When we asked what you meant you referred us to a post about the Other Info Prompt on the Product pages.

Now it seems you're talking about something else but it's still not clear what.

Norman

Comment

sorry - simply trying to add new info

Sorry Norman -

This is a totally different person - not the original poster. I wasn't clear about that.

I have been combing the archives to see how to turn a text input line into a text area, and found this helpful post. However, it didn't work for my purposes, since I was trying to change the "General Info" input area, not the "Other Info" area.

I've since muscled this in manually in ACT_order02.html. I was just wondering if there was a script that did this automatically by combine the Design >> Text options. It appears there is not.

Sorry about the confusion.

s.

Comment

Working...
                  X