Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT! Crash during download - now won't download

What a lovely Monday morning

Actinic froze during its download this morning, and since I restarted & tried to download it just hangs on 'Retreving orders'. It doesn't get as far as '1 of 80' or whatever, but does get further than 'Searcing for orders'.

Now, I don't know if what is happening now is what caused the freeze first, or if the freeze screwed up the database & now it's looking for something that isn't there & getting confused.

I'm fairly sure that it had downloded most if not all of the orders, but I'm not sure about the payments (we use worldpay). I wasn't watching it like a hawk -- just came back to find it unhappy & 'not responding', so I had to ctrl-alt-delete it.

The FTP access to the site is fine, I've even totally refreshed the site to see if that would help with no problems.

Any suggestions? That little Actinic prog is normally as good as gold -- and I've never had any probs of this ilk before.
    Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Try compacting/repairing your database. There is an option to do this on the housekeeping menu.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've done an order on my site, which has the effect of allowing the 'Retreve Orders' dialogue to get as far as one blue bar and 'Retreving order 1:55', which I guess is an improvment.

Then it hangs!

It appears that even though it chokes on my test order, it did go through to Pending Payment Service Provider' which in fact it is, as I didn't go on to pay wiht it. You can only see this after you restart the program.
      Martin Cutbill

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
        Try compacting/repairing your database. There is an option to do this on the housekeeping menu.
        Yeah, already tried that to no avail, but thanks...
        Martin Cutbill

Comment

I'd just like to say that Actinic's free email support has managed to sort it out for me after a very speedy reply from a G.W.Green.

So a big thanks to them.
          Martin Cutbill

Comment

Working...
          X