Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terms and Conditions

I've seen threads here about changing the Moving within 1 month field to be I agree with Terms and Conditions. some of the threads refer us to the AUG and then correct the errors in this.

Can anyone let me know if the AUG now contains all the correct information to do this or do I need to read through the various threads to ensure I do it correctly?

I want to make the Terms and Conditions check box mandatory and also provide a link to the Terms and Conditions page, So the field would say something like 'Tick here to confirm that you agree with our Terms and Conditions' and the Terms and Conditions words would be underlined and provide a link to the T&C page.

Hello Gill, this is the full version for the terms and conditions box

Often, you will want your online customers to confirm they agree to your terms and conditions before placing their order. This is some JavaScript that will flag up an 'alert' box if customers have not ticked a designated checkbox within the 'Invoice Address' stage of the checkout.

To begin, go to 'Design | Text' and click 'Go to'. Go to phase '0' and prompt ID '13'. This will bring up the 'Moving within One Month' field.

Change the prompt text to read " Check box to confirm you agree to our <a href="http://www.your-website.co.uk/acatalog/info.html" target="_blank">Terms and Conditions</a> ”

Tick the 'Show' box and the 'Required' box next to the prompt.

Click 'OK' to close 'Design | Text'.

Next, go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and locate the 'Checkout Pages Layout' field.

Click the 'Edit' button next to the 'Checkout Pages Layout' field to open the template for editing.

Copy the following JavaScript expression to the clipboard and paste it into the <HEAD> area of the template you have open. Paste it underneath any existing <script> expressions.

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    /***************************************************************
    * ValidatePage - make sure the required box is ticked 
    * Returns: false if the box is unchecked
    ***************************************************************/

function ValidatePage()

{ 

if (document.forms[0].INVOICEMOVING)
    if (!document.forms[0].INVOICEMOVING.checked)
    {
    alert('Please agree to our terms before continuing');
    document.forms[0].INVOICEMOVING.focus();
    return (false);
    }
    return (true);
    }

// -->
    </script>
    Save and close the template.

Next, open Act_Order01.html for editing.

Locate the line (towards the bottom) that reads:

Code:
    <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON">
    Change it to read.

Code:
    <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onClick="return (ValidatePage());">
    Save the template and then upload.

Now, when your customers click the 'Next>' button on the 'Invoice Address' page of the checkout, if they have not ticked the 'Please agree…' box, then they will have a Windows 'alert' box flashing up.

If terms are agreed, the moving box in orders will be checked.

Ref:-
    Article found in AUG pg 51 ‘Making People Agree to your Terms and Conditions’ and Actinic Community thread 5097

Hope this helps you

Regards
    Raymond Allen
    GraphicBiz
    ----------------------------------------
    GraphicBiz: www.graphicbiz.co.uk
    Order Rubber Stamps Online: www.custom-stamps.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Raymond.

One question, on the template where I change the line

<input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onClick="return (ValidatePage());">

I have this line

<input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onclick="return checkemailaddress()">

as I've already added the code to double check the email addresses. Do I just add your code at the end of this so that line would now read:

<input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onclick="return checkemailaddress()"> onClick="return (ValidatePage());">

Pretty sure it's not that simple...

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
        <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onclick="return checkemailaddress()"> onClick="return (ValidatePage());">
        I link the two together with
        Code:
        	<input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onclick="return checkemailaddress(),(ValidatePage());">
        but it'll bring up two message screens if email doesn't match or terms not agreed.

I have tested this and it works

Can someone please with javascript knowledge know how to display both on 1 screen?

Regards
        Raymond Allen
        GraphicBiz

Comment

Hi, thanks again.

I've just loaded it and it works fine apart from....

If you enter the email address incorrectly and also don't check the terms and conditions it prompts you to enter both. If you check the terms and conditions first, and then click on NEXT, it will tell you that the email addresses don't match but hten still take you to the next page.

I think its the Email address that's giving the problem. If I return to the payment screen it doesn't check the email address.

thanks

Gill

Comment

I've just gone back and checked. What happens is you get the message 'emails do not match' and it automatically corrects the second entry by putting the email address from the first field, into the second field and moves you onto the next screen.

I only added the email verification this morning so I don't know if the addition of the terms and conditions field has made it go wonky or if I just didn't user test the email checking field properly this morning.

Just tested it again, this time it didn't correct the email address, but it told me the addresses didn't match but still automatically moves onto the next payment screen when you click on OK to acknowlege the error message.

Any ideas?

thanks

Gill

Comment

Im not sure on how to fix the email address problem. The best bet would be to ask Norman (NormanRouxel) to look at the email script again, if he has the time. Thanks Norman!

Regards
              Raymond Allen
              GraphicBiz

Comment

I'm not going to merge the two but this should work:-

onclick="return ( checkemailaddress() && ValidatePage() );"

so both must return true before the form can be submitted.

Norman
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Raymond and Norman, working perfectly.

Gill

Comment

Raymond,

Another question. If someone clicks on the underlined 'Terms and Conditions' on the checkout page it opens in a new but full sized window. Is there a way of making this always open in a smaller window so that users don't get lost. I'm sure some will try to click on the back button on the Terms and conditions window but obviously this won't work.

thanks

Gill

Comment

Try using the built-in popup routine

Code:
                      <a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.your-website.co.uk/acatalog/info.html', 600, 800)">Terms and Conditions</a>
                      Note that the forum has reverted to munging code. "java script" above should be one word with no space in it.

Norman
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Is it possible to change the text on the orders form to show Terms and Conditions agreed rather than 'moving'.

Comment

the text can be changed under design|text

in here you will find all the details that appear on your pages the moving in one month can be found @ phase 0 id 13 for you invoice address, phase -1 id 341 for the customer recipt page

hope this is what your looking for
                          Cheers
                          Darren

Comment

sorry also forgot

your also need to change the ones for you order processing reports that you print, packing list is phase -1 id 411, invoice phase -1 id 802, data entry phase -1 id 705

Cheers
                            Darren

Comment

thanks darren, will do all that.

Comment

Working...
                              X