Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct access to .session files

Hi

Is it possible to have direct access to .session files to import into our own databses instead of using Order Mgr to dowload then import csv and the run our own software after. I tried downloading one to test it's contents but I got acces denied error.

Thanks

Andy

Hi there,

As I understand I believe this is not possible as Actinic uses a set of encryption key to encrypt data as form of security measure.

When downloading the order Actinic again uses the same set of encryption key to de-crypt the order. If for any reason this key has changed the order will not download correctly therefore resulting in the CC details not appearing.

Hope this helps
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

As I understand it the .session files are the customers shopping cart WHILE the products are being purchased. These details aren't encrypted and contain no credit card details.

During checkout the cart details and the credit card details are collected and placed, encrypted, into .ord files. These .ord files are the ones that contain completed orders.

Bothe the .session and .ord files are maintained with 000 type permissions and are only briefly made read/writable when being updated/downloaded.

If you wanted to download these you'd need to write some Perl scripts (for the server) that would change the permissions on the .ord files to be at least readable and then send them to you.

However you'd still have to write decryption routines so that would be a lot of work.

It might be much simpler to use Order Managaer (or Catalog) to download the orders and then interrogate the database for the data (which is now already decrypted after being downloaded).

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X