Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product table

Hi there

I have created a product table (imagine an excel table) but it is not quite what I want.

I have tried setting the table definition of border="1" so i have the desired grid effect, but, where 2 cells touch, i have effectivey a line that is twice as thick. The only part of the grid that appears to be "1" is the outside border.

I have also played with the table in Dreamweaver and set each tr to have a bordercolour, but again, where they touch they double up and make the grid lines twice as thick.

So, quesitons. Is it possible to make the lines on the inside "0.5" so that they total up to "1"? If not, is there a way to use vertical separtors (in addition to the horizontal separtors that is built in)? Or, is there a completely different way of getting the desired grid effect where lines around the border and on the inside are all "1" line thick.

Thanks for any help

Steven

Hi Steven

I don't think this should happen with a table in html. Could you post a URL for us to view.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Here's an alternative approach...

What you need to do is create a table with a black background with a cellpadding and cellspacing of '0'. This table should only have one cell.

Then within this you create a table with a border of '0' and a cellspacing of '1'. Make sure all the cells within this table are coloured white.

View the source of this page if you want an example:

Code:
      <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#555576"  width="100%" align="center"><tr><td>
      <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0"  width="100%">

Comment

Hi Chris

Just posted a reply with pic, but to big, so here goes again...

Been a while since i revistied this, thanks for suggestion, the inside boxes look great, but the outside box is still too prominent.

Is there any way to hide this. I tried making the border colour the same as the bground, but alas no joy.

Can you (or others) take a look at the pic and code, any suggestions.

<table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
        <tr bordercolor="#F5F0E4">
        <td>
        <TABLE WIDTH="760" COLS="3" BORDER="1" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="2" ALIGN="CENTER">
        <tr bordercolor="#ffffff">
        <td width="50">NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
        <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF</a></td>
        <td width="96">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</td>
        <td width="91">CUSTOMVAR:RECORD_TITLE</td>

THanks

Steven
        Attached Files

Comment

I cannot see an 'outer box' in the image you gave.

To me it looks great (but then I am not a designer).

Comment

Working...
          X