Referrer Search and Add to Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referrer Search and Add to Cart

1.I know it is possible to use the referrer script to bring a customer to the site and track where the came from.

2.It is also possible to take somebody straight to a products on a Catalogue page, using the search script.

3.You can also add a product straight to the shopping cart from outside catalogue.

My question, is it possible to do 2 and or 3 and have a referrer returned with the order?
    Alan Stanley
    www.stuff-uk.net

2.It is also possible to take somebody straight to a products on a Catalogue page, using the search script.

I'm afraid not. The only way you could potentially do this is have the referrer script taking you to a bounce page in the acatalog folder that then went to the product. The other way that would work would be if you had one product per section.

3.You can also add a product straight to the shopping cart from outside catalogue.

This is not possible I'm afraid, there are various hidden form elements on the product pages that ensure that the correct product is added to the cart at the correct price. Sorry about that.

Comment

take a refferer direct to a product

It would be **really** useful to be able to jump direct to a product, rather than a section folks........
      any chance a bored programmer would like top adjust the referrer.pl code to do this?
      please???
      andy
      Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
      www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

add to cart functionality...?

I skimmed over the new features of acatalog v7, seems like there is an add to cart function as requested above...

please confirm.
        Ta muchly,
        JD

Comment

Working...
        X