Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product reference

Hi there

Couple of questions on product referencing if any one can help.

1. How can i rebase the auto generated numbers. I tried to edit the products in my catalogue to a higher number and thought that the next auto generated number would follow on, but it uses number 1.

2. When i have auto generate on, the references do not appear in the catalogue on in the browser. They do however if i turn auto gen off through business settings. I thought that they showed up automatically with auto gen.

3. Is there a way to use auto gen references and to show them in the product list in Actinic (like you can do with manual numbers).

Thanks for any advice

Steven

Hi,
    1. How can i rebase the auto generated numbers. I tried to edit the products in my catalogue to a higher number and thought that the next auto generated number would follow on, but it uses number 1.
    The help files give information about this - basically, it says:

All references will be numeric. They always start from 1 each time Ecommerce is started - with the proviso that existing product references are not affected. If you delete product/s - say with the reference 10 and 34 and close Ecommerce - then the first new product you create in the new session will be allocated reference 10, the next 34 before the next sequential number is allocated. New products created in the current session will follow on.
    2. When i have auto generate on, the references do not appear in the catalogue on in the browser. They do however if i turn auto gen off through business settings. I thought that they showed up automatically with auto gen.
    I'm afraid that the auto-generate is deemed not to be useful to merchants, which is why they don't display. The only way around this is to have auto-generate on when you are creating the products and then un-tick this option when you upload. It has been requested in the past and I will add your voice to the list. I think this answers your third question too.

I think that as you want your reference numbers to carry on and not start from any that you have deleted in the past it would be better for you to not auto-generate and just make a note of the last product reference used so you know what to apply to the next.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X