Tracking software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking software

Hi Guys, I hope this is not too off topic but I was wondering if users could recommend tracking software that works well with actinic. The information I'm most interested in is what engine referred and what search phrase was used.

Thanks
    www.satellite.ie

Hi Tony

Does this thread help?

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben
      www.satellite.ie

Comment

Tony, you shouldn't need to buy any additional tracking software for your needs.

Most web hosts will include some decent tracking software in your hosting package.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike, I only seem to get site stats from them but to be fair I only pay €299 a year.

Originally posted by olderscot
          Tony, you shouldn't need to buy any additional tracking software for your needs.

Most web hosts will include some decent tracking software in your hosting package.

Mike
          www.satellite.ie

Comment

It might be worth checking around.

My host gives me Analog, Awstats, Webalizer and Urchin along with the usual bandwidth and error logs.

I'd cerytainly say that for your budget you should be able to get a better deal. (Though it all depends on what disk space and bandwidth you need).

FYI. I started out with an expensive, big name host that only offered Analog stats. After a year I switched to a new host that gives me 10 times as much (more disk space, bandwidth, domains, stats, etc) for less than half the price. Do make sure you go with someone you trust though as some aren't as good as others.

Ask around here for a quote and see what you can get. Quite a few of the members here offer hosting.

Mike

Comment

Mike, do you mind me asking, do you get `full` results with your provided Webalizer? I have it supplied with my hosts, Clara, but it only shows the top 10 & 30's of most sections. I could probably work out what they are but its the rest I would like to see!

`Top 20 of 1882 Total Search Strings` - Not helping me that much in January!
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

No, I checked and webalizer only gives me the top 20 as well. In my case "Top 20 of 357 Total Search Strings".

I don't find webalizer much use really. I much prefer awstats which also seems to be more comprehesive. For example, while webalizer says "Top 20 of 357 Total Search Strings", Urchin says "193 different keywords" (really key phrases), awstats gives me a complete list of 706 different search strings used so far (and how often) this month.

If I were you I'd see if your host would install awstats for you.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X