Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worldpay help

Hello,

When one of our customers makes a payment through worldpay they get a payment successful page with their transaction ID and reference number.

then it has a line of text that states:

Your payment has been successful. This button will display the merchant receipt in another window. Use the "LOG OUT" button in this window if you will not be using Worldpay again immediately.

Then there's a View Receipt button but no "LOG OUT" button on the page.

I've tried contacting Worldpay, but they reckon it's something to do with the Actinic Files.

Can anyone advise how I either change the message so it skips the "logout" part of the message or how do I get a Log out button added.

Thanks!!

This page is not controlled by Actinic - honest. It is a WorldPay question - i.e. "do you want your details stored as a cookie on your PC so that when you come back next time Worldpay remembers you?". Some PSPs allow you to edit the templates that are used in this part of the transaction.

Comment

Chris,

This is the response from Worldpay received this afternoon...

The logo out text you're referring to was once upon a time applicable,
      specifically when WorldPay created usernames and passwords for all
      transactions, so that shoppers could log in to our Shopper Management
      System and view these details.

It was determined that this only led to shopper confusion and hence the
      facility was withdrawn. WorldPay now only provides these details for
      so-called FuturePay Agreements, where shoppers may need to update details
      during the lifetime of a repeating payment system.

The text you're referring to is coming either from the Actinic store, or
      from a default version of the resultY.html page on our servers. Until or
      unless Actinic alter their code such that the callback response does not
      generate the text (and assuming that is the case with the version of
      Actinic you're using), your only option to remove this is:

1. Ensure that "Use callback response?" is disabled for your installation
      ID.

2. Create a customised version of the file "resultY.html", ensuring that
      you follow the details on
      http://support.worldpay.com/kb/custo...ppcg_3004.html
      and, to include the WorldPay receipt, also specify the following:

<WPDISPLAY ITEM=banner>

3. This file will then need to be uploaded to your installation ID on the
      WorldPay Customer Management System. Note that the change may take up to
      two hours to take effect.

I'm lost - can anyone help me??

thanks

Comment

Yep, we had this on our site after WorldPay updated their payment pages. We were originally supposed to be using auto-logout to avoid this, (presumably before they changed it).

When I contacted them they said initially:

"The callback response was a temporary fix for the problem whilst the files required were restored. This has now been done, so if you login to the CMS and disable the callback response you will once again see the correct information on the final page."

But there was no option in the CMS to do this, so when I contacted them again a different person said:

"We have disabled callback response for you. Now you will not get any the login option." (sic)

Hey presto - all was as it should be again!

So, it sounds like your problem is definitely nothing to do with Actinic - probably all to do with WP support staff knowing what they are doing.

I think you will have to persevere...

Tim Weaver
        WISE.CO.UK
        Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
        http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Hi Tim,

thanks for that, if I disable the callback response does that mean the shopper will no longer be able to view a receipt?

My callback URL in my Worldpay configuration is: http://third-party.select.worldpay.c...catalog-select

Worldpay are suggesting that Actinic needs to update the file provided by the callback.

Thanks again

Polly

Comment

I've now spoken to Worldpay again and once again I am being told that the files which need to be amended, were provided to Worldpay from Actinic to enable the callback to the Actinic website and display the Actinic customer receipt and these are the defaults used with any Actinic / Worldpay installation.

I don't want to lose the ability to do the callback to the server as I still want to display a receipt for my customers.

Am I the only Worldpay customer (apart from Tim) who has experienced this. I am going round in circles with what looks like it should be relatively easy to correct.

Comment

Hooray! Thought i'd let you know that I finally spoke to someone helpful at Worldpay in the USA would you believe (I called out of hours as I thought their support worked later and was transferred to Worldpay USA) who set me up with a new Actinic installation, disabled callback (it was showing as disabled in my original installation, but had no effect) tested it and hey presto! all working.

So, the callback is the problem, but I also appeared to have a corrupt installation.

Thanks Tim for your help.

Polly

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.

It is worrying though, that there exists such variability in the quality of the support from WorldPay. We are a WorldPay Partner, so I will raise this with them.

Tim Weaver
                WISE.CO.UK
                Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
                http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X