Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updating?

hi
    can anyone tell me how long it takes to update/ refresh a site, as i have added new items/prices etc, updated it to my host and nothing has happened??

When you upload a change made in Actinic, one or more files on the site are replaced, so the change should be instantaneous.

Make sure you are not looking at a cached page by clicking the 'refresh/reload' button in you web browser toolbar.

Comment

Updating prices

I am having a similar problem with prices not being updated. I am using a linked file but when I change teh prices it is no longer updating on the website and despite doing a complete refresh nothing changes (It is a customer account site www.activ8uk.co.uk)

Also I have noticed that not all of the pop-up pages are updated i.e. those defaulted to info.??.html. I had to manually update the pages using an FTP program. Has anybody had this problem before?

Comment

Hi Stuart

Do the changed prices show up on a preview, or is it just that the pages are not being uploaded to the web?

To be honest, this problem is going to require someone actually looking at your data and trying it for themselves. Can I invite you to register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the email support team can try this out for themselves.

Comment

Found the conflict

Hi Chris,

Found my problem - brief overview below:

I use a DB to link prices to this site and other sites. This site is an "account" site and I do not want all customers seeing prices - only registered.

In order to do this I have two price schedules (I think I need to have this?) Retail / Trade and untick the "Enabled" box on the Price Tab for "Retail". This provides the message "Prices only available to registered customers".

The linked price is to the Retail price as per teh external link configuration, which is then used to generate the Trade price (Retail Price *1). Because the retail price is not enabled it will not update the Trade price.

Hope this makes sense - I have registered as per your reply if you need further details.

Stu

Comment

Working...
          X