Additional brochure pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional brochure pages

Been searching the forums for this, but not doing very well.

We sell books, and have a Brochure fragment called "Authors", which lists all our authors with a lovely thumbnail (www.luath.co.uk ). I am trying to extend this functionality by adding a link for each author to a page with more description, images, whatever else we can think of.

This is easy if we drop the actinic design (as i've done with Kokumo Rocks but for most of the authors I want a standard brochue page that has the same look and feel as all the other brochure pages.

But obviously I don't want a separate brochure page with icon and link for each author!

Any thoughts?

Liam

Ok, had some success.

I took a brochure page preview from the Site1/PreviewHTML file and loaded it into Dreamweaver, and created a dreamweaver template from it.

Then I used this dreamweaver template to create a new page (LinAnderson.html, the name of the author), put in the text and an author image, saved it, and added this file and the image file to Actinic's Additional Files... list.

Created a link from the main author list page, which works fine and currently uses the same author pic for the thumbnail.

But when I preview it, click on the author's pic in the thumbnail list of authors, I am taken to the right page, but it's missing the author picture...

Any thoughts now?

By the way, I think this "Additional Brochure Pages" thing should be in Actinic 7, or at least the Advanced User Guide...

Liam

Comment

Sorry about this guys, keep answering my own questions. Dreamweaver had linked the image with a relative file name, and not an absolute one...

Comment

Working...
      X