Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

html file extentions

Evening all

I have changed Act_primary completely so that i now have a page with two images on with slices over them (I used Dreamweaver to help with this). The two pics represent 'New In' and 'Catalogue'. I have subequently renamed my catalogue sections 'store_newin.html' and 'store_catalogue.html'.

THe links work from the home page (Act_primary) taking me to the relevant section within the store. However, when i add products to my catalogue within Actinic, they do not update in the section in the browser when i go from home page to store new in etc. But, when I preview my 'new in' and 'catalogue' pages from Actinic (as oppsed going fia the home page), the products are updated. But (again), the file extenstion is P_index.html and not store_newin or store_catalogue. It is P_index for both new in and catalogue.

So, my question is, how do i rename web pages so that they are unique (ie not both P_index.html) ensuring that they update when I add new products?

Thanks for advice.

Steven

The P_ part of a filename means its a preview you are looking at not the finished site.

Check out the user guide or help.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Not sure what's causing this but it could be your preview mode.

If you do 'offline page preview' (CTRL+A) it only makes the one page and it's always named P_index.html. If you do 'offline preview' (CTRL+W) then you preview the whole site with the correct filenames (plus a 'P_' prefix).

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X