Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The product index file format is corrupt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The product index file format is corrupt.

Hi All,

The site I am working on has been up for a couple of years now and mostly I have had no probs with it. URL www.manshopuk.com

But now I am getting the following error. When I use the search facility, sometimes I get the correct results, for instance when I enter "Rael" in the search box. But sometimes I get the following error message

"The product index file format is corrupt. GBP 2 0 Copy of Wedding_Suit_Hire.html#a110 12 I Do Website 0 23 Large Wedding Suit Hire

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here."

What has corrupted itself and how can I fix it??

Cheers

Grant

It is the *.fil files that control the search and product indexes.

What I suggest you do is:

1) Go into your 'Site1' folder on your PC and delete all *.fil files apart from 'ActinicSCCode.fil'.

2) Go into your online store 'acatalog' folder and remove all *.fil files from there. Note that this will temporarily disable your store so you may want to do it at a quiet time of day.

3) In Actinic go to 'Web | Refresh Website' and this will regenerate all the indexes and hopefully get your store working again. Note that this may take a while over a dial-up connection.

Comment

Hmmm

Thank you for replying with ideas.

However I did as requested to the letter and it has made no defference. What else can I try?????????

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Try the same process again, but this time remove all the *.cat files in your 'Site1' folder and in your online 'acatalog' folder. Then do the refresh.

Comment

AARRGGHH

Thank you for the further suggestion - however after deleting all .fil files except the one told not to and al the .cat files, of both the local machine and the server, I am still having the same problem.

Any other ideas??

Grant

Comment

Hi there

I seem to recall this being a bug in version prior to 5.1.4, if you are using an older version than 5.1.4, my advise would be to upgrade actinic.

The latest version of Actinic v5 is 5.1.6, here is the link

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there

Just checked this now, yes it is a bug, and was fixed in 5.1.2 of Actinic, so you will need to upgrade. The problem is down to spacing in the sections

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

HI, thanks for that. I fixed the problem by not naming my pages and letting Actinic choose its own page names for my product pages.

I will now upgrade to the latest version of 5 to prevent future issues.

Cheers for all your help

Grant

Comment

Working...
                X