Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mole End SW Group mail problem

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but how do I import a list of contacts from Actinic into Mole End's Free Group Mailer?

Thanks,

HMC

I haven't done this but I'd assume the process is:

1. export the customer details into a CSV file

2. Run a macro in excel to remove those that haven't agreed for you to contact them.

3. Import them into Group Mail using it's 'file import' facility

NB: Note that Group Mail is completely independent of Mole-end, it is a good program though.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sounds simple enough, but! how do I export the customer details?

Comment

Go to "business settings>ordering" and make sure 'enable export to files" is ticked.

Then go to "files>export" and use the export wizard.

I haven't done this so can't say how the wizard works but it should be simple enough.

Let me know how you get on!

Mike

Comment

Unfortunately you can only export catalogue details from the export wizard...you can only export one customer at a time via each order.

Comment

OK. Do it this way as described in the knowledge base.

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...13.html#aGC187

Mike

Comment

We have a product that exports Actinic person information into a csv file for use with groupmail or other products, there are more details at : http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...arketing.html.

You can achieve similar results by exporting directly from the person table but this program makes it very easy. to do and the advanced version allows you to build targetted lists.

Someone pointed out a very interesting fact to me last week, if you allow people to specify a separate delivery address you cannot email to the person specified their even if the shopper has agreed to be emailed to - the delivery address may belong to a different person and they have not agreed to receive email so if you do export from Actinic or Access make sure to exclude delivery addresses details. Also you don't need to write a macro in excel to exclude people that have not agreed to be emailed to, you can use the filter option on the Group Mail import to do that. There is also a nice feature in Group Mail whereby during the import you can tick a box that allows you to split a single field name into first and second names.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

A seperate delivery address doesn't mean a different person.

If there's a different delivery name, then there may be a problem, but only if you can't tell if the email address (or which one) belongs to the shopper.

In my experience 90% of the time an alternative delivery is given it's just a work address, and 90% of the other times the email address given is that of the shopper.

Mike

Comment

You're right you don't know whether the address is for the same person or a different person. The percentage of orders that will go to a third party will probably depend on the type of goods you are selling, gifts or flowers for example will often go to a different person.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                  X