Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking from one extended info page directly to another

Hi

Is it possible to link directly from one extended info page directly to another, whilst keeping customers logged in to their account?

I've been shown how to make links that use the search script to locate product references whilst keeping customers logged in. Can this sort of thing be used to locate and link to an "info_PRODREF.html" file? (Must keep customer logged in)

Any help appreciated....

Steve Robertson

If you want to link to pages in the acatalog folder, then you will simply need to link to the search script (ss00000x.pl) and then pass the parameter of SECTIONID= followed by the filename of the pop-up page you want to link to.

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?SECTIONID=Info%5fPage%2ehtml&NOLOGIN=1

Note that you have to encode any non-alphanumeric characters so an underscore '_' becomes '%5f' and a full stop '.' becomes '%2e'.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Just to further complicate matters, I have Add to Cart buttons on my Extended Info pages. Although in normal circumstances they work well, they don't work when this type of link is followed (ie from the new info page)
      All I get is a General Script Warning that the product has been removed (although it hasn't.)

This target product is in a different section though. Is there any workaround?

Thanks

Steve Robertson

Comment

I'm afriad that is one complication too far.

Norman's cart buttons on pop-up windows relies on the page that you have launched the pop-up window from, being the page that the original product is on.

Sorry about that, but it will not work. You will just have to link from the pop-up windows to the product pages.

Comment

Working...
        X