Minimum order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum order

I have already set a minimum order of £10 by ammending my perl as per advanced user guide. It would be nice if I could also set a minimum of £50 for orders shipping to non UK destinations but imagine this would be much trickier. Has anyone tried to restrict order value by delivery address and if not can anyone help?

Thanks,

Alex

I certainly cannot think of a non-Perl way to do it.

One possible idea is to charge shipping based on 'Value' and charge higher shipping for international orders that cost less than £50.00.

Comment

Thanks Chris I will look into it. if it has to be perl can you guys reccomend anyone to write it.
      Also I have recently upgraded to 5.1.6.0.33 and one of my customers has pointed out that there is no option to select a different delivery to invoice address. There was that option on the site before, I have looked through business settings and can no longer find it. Any I deas how this happened or how to rectify it?

Thanks for all your help,

Alex Paul

Comment

Perl hacks. Yum yum. I'll take a look at the advanced guide info you refer to.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by alexrpaul
          Also I have recently upgraded to 5.1.6.0.33 and one of my customers has pointed out that there is no option to select a different delivery ... how to rectify it?
          You have to go to design text, to the checkout/invoice address tab and check the show box for prompt phase 0 id 16 ("If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box."). I can't think how it got reset though.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Alex,

Here's a perl patch that does just what you want. You may have to tinker with the values depending on whether VAT, and shipping are relevant to your limit. I've made it very general purpose so you can amend your locations and minimums by altering some CUSTOMVARS in Catalog.

Code:
            Setting a minimum order value by country for Catalog V5.

This will allow you to specify minimum order values for a list of selected countries 
            and a default minimum for countries that are not in that list.  
            You can have a minimum of 0 for a particular country, or for the default minimum.

In the eaxample below we have minimum order value of £10 for United Kingdom,
            £20 for Germany, and £50 for any other country.

Instructions:-

Go to Catalog / Advanced / Custom Properties 
            Click the "+" sign and create a new CustomVar called DEFAULTMINORDER
            Again  click the "+" sign and create a new CustomVar called COUNTRYMINORDER
            Ok out.

Double click the top level of your catalog and choose Advanced
            (if not already showing Properties).  Select Custom Properties.
            Select the property DEFAULTMINORDER and set it to whatever you wish you default
            minimum to be in your usual currency.  E.g. 50 for £50.00

Select the property COUNTRYMINORDER and set it to a comma separated list of countries and minumiums
            in the following format.  E.g.   "United Kingdom", 10, "Germany",  20

You must obey this format exactly or you will get a server error on checking out.
            Keep quotes around the country names.  Use numbers ( like 10 or 12.34 )for the amounts.
            The country names need to match those in the list you see when checking out.
            You can have as many pairs of entries as the 256 characters that CUSTOMVAR's allow.

Ok out.

Edit OrderScript.pl (Back it up first. Use a text editor - see www.editpadlite.com if you don't have one).

Search for 

sub DisplayPaymentPhase

look down some lines 'till you see

$nTotal = $SummaryResponse[6];
            	#
            	#	1) If (total == 0 || prices are off)
            	#		If (user defined field is hidden)
            	#
            	#			mark payment complete
            	#			mark method pre-pay
            	#			skip processing
            	#
            	#		else If (user defined is not hidden)
            	#
            	#			mark method pre-pay
            	#			hide payment stuff
            	#

immediately after this ADD the following code

my $nMinOrder = CUSTOMVAR:DEFAULTMINORDER;
            	my %CountryMinOrder = (CUSTOMVAR:COUNTRYMINORDER);
                    my $sDelCountry = ACTINIC::GetCountryName($::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_COUNTRY_CODE});

if ( exists $CountryMinOrder{$sDelCountry} )
            		{
            		$nMinOrder = $CountryMinOrder{$sDelCountry};
            		}

if ( ($nTotal / 100) < $nMinOrder )
                           	{
            		@Response = ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($nMinOrder * 100, $::TRUE, $::g_pCatalogBlob);
            		if ($Response[0] != $::SUCCESS)
            			{
            			return ($::FAILURE, $Response[1]);
            			}
                            return ($::FAILURE, "Minimum order value for " . $sDelCountry . " is " . $Response[2]);
                            }

Save and update your site and that's that.

You can maintain the countries and minimums by altering the Custom Properties DEFAULTMINORDER and
            COUNTRYMINORDER in the top level of your catalog.
            I've also attached the instructions as the forum may mangle this code.

Norman

p.s. Is that a jacket to go with the epee?
            Attached Files
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X