Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Charge not calculated as expected

Hi Folks,

I've just finished updating my postage charges, but the shipping charge for one of my products going to USA is not working as it should.

The product is the top of the page at this url - http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatal...lusives3.shtml

It's called McCombical Booklets and is a choice of four booklets from a drop down menu, with an option for the complete set. I have entered the weights as 0.030 for each booklet and 0.130 for the complete set.

The shipping charges for this zone are entered in increments -

0.10 - £3.50
    0.12 - £4.50
    0.14 - £4.50
    0.16 - £4.50
    0.18 - £4.50
    0.20 - £4.50
    0.22 - £4.50
    0.24 - £4.50
    0.26 - £7.20
    0.28 - £7.20 etc.,

When selecting just any of the booklets, or the complete set, the shipping charges for USA are showing as £7.20 whereas they should be either £3.50 for single booklet or £4.50 for two or more.

Even if I remove details of weights, the shipping charge still shows as £7.20. So I'm not sure where it is pulling details of weight from when I do that?

Any ideas on what has gone wrong would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

I'm sorry, but even your description doesn't add up. If each booklet is 0.030 then even 3 of them isn't going to break the up to 0.10 bracket.

The chances are you've made a mistake somewhere or have something set that shouldn't be, but without describing everything else it's hard to guess where the error is.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You have 10 tiers doing what 3 could, only need a tier added fir a change of price, values are up to ones.

Comment

You have 10 tiers doing what 3 could, only need a tier added for a change of price, values are up to ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
          I'm sorry, but even your description doesn't add up. If each booklet is 0.030 then even 3 of them isn't going to break the up to 0.10 bracket.

The chances are you've made a mistake somewhere or have something set that shouldn't be, but without describing everything else it's hard to guess where the error is.

Mike
          Yes, I did the maths. That's why I can't understand why it's getting it wrong, and hence my post. Even when I remove all weight details for this item it shows a shipping charge of £7.20!

I suspect this is some sort of bug that I've never noticed before as I get the exact same results on another product that has drop down choices. I'm switching to listing the products separately. It doesn't seem to have an issue with that.
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            You have 10 tiers doing what 3 could, only need a tier added for a change of price, values are up to ones.
            I had it on three tiers when I noticed the issue. I added the extra tiers to see if it would make any difference. It doesn't. Even if I remove any weight details from product it shows a charge of £7.20. I'm getting the exact same result on another product with drop down choices!

As mentioned in previous post, it still shows a £7.20 charge even if I remove all weight details from product!

I think the problem has always been there. I just haven't noticed before as shipping charges have been much closer in amounts.

I'm just going to list choices separately.
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
            X