Upgrade to 6.1.4 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 6.1.4 problem

I have upgraded using the new patch. I refreshed the website but I am unable to retrieve orders as it says the versions are different on the server and client. I did another refresh with the same result. I have attached the error message. I do not want to delete the actinic dir on the server as it has orders in there. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

I have renamed the old Actinic directory on the server and created a new one - and I got the same result! Now I really am confused!

Comment

I saw this too and thought it was a one-off. Since you're seeing the same thing it may be a 6.1.4 installation bug.

When I investigated it seemed that some of the Perl scripts in my Site1 folder were still from the prior version of Actinic.

You can verify this by looking in each Perl file for a line containing "Revision" and comparing it with the files in Actinic Ecommerce V 6/Original. You'd expect the updated site to have a higher revision number.

I copied all the .pm and .pl files from Original into Site1 and did a Refresh and all was OK.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I copied all the .pm and .pl files from Original into Site1 and did a Refresh and all was OK
        version mismatches are a common occurance, Normans solution above is the correct one. THere are full details in the knowledge base

Comment

Norman & Jo - thanks for your help. I rolled back the software - I'll try again when I'm feeling brave enough.

Dave

Comment

Hmmm, I've upgraded to v6.1.4 but haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Norman, could you tell me which perlscripts did not upgrade properly for you.

The knowledge base articles for resolving script variation errors are here and here.
            Ben Popplestone
            Ecommerce website software

Comment

Just to mention that we also experienced the same problem with a version mismatch with the 6.1.4 patch upgrade.
              We followed the above advise successfully, a tad disappointed that it occurred as it took most of the morning to resolve with the refresh time etc.

Comment

My upgrade to 6.1.4 did not get the mismatch error, but it did force a site refresh, which was an unexpected pain. I didn't think other upgrades had forced a refresh

Comment

Hi Ben,

Here's how I caused the mismatch. I want to be sure that 6.1.4 is safe before I dare move anything over to it so I installed 6.1.4 on a clean (non-Actinic) system. I then ran Actinic to see the demo site in operation.

Then I closed Actinic down, deleted the demo Site1 and copied in a 6.1.3 Site1 in its place.

Then when I next ran Actinic I expected the site to be upgraded but (from what I can remember) the upgrader either didn't kick in or finished in a very short time.

The site would preview OK but I got the script mismatch errors when I uploaded and tried anything involving Perl. If I recall right none of the perl scripts were updated (I looked at the internal Revision numbers to confirm this). I had to copy the lot from Originals and all was OK.

Norman

Comment

Then when I next ran Actinic I expected the site to be upgraded but (from what I can remember) the upgrader either didn't kick in or finished in a very short time.
                    There are very few template changes between 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 so more often than not, Actinic will just take a look at your templates but then find it does not need to upgrade any. The pink 'Site Upgrader' window will appear, but then you'll just get a message saying 'You need to restart Actinic'.

Comment

I understand it not needing to look at the templates, especially if they've not changed from the prior version but it completely failed to check the Perl scripts and these most definitely had changed form 6.13 to 6.1.4.

Norman

Comment

Then I closed Actinic down, deleted the demo Site1 and copied in a 6.1.3 Site1 in its place.
                        From memory, the script files are only checked if either:

1) You upgrade your 6.1.3 site as you install 6.1.4

or

2) You import a 6.1.3 snapshot into 6.1.4

Your copying in a 6.1.3 Site1 folder would cause the script files to not be checked.

Comment

Hi Norman

Thanks for the steps to reproduce. I must admit I've never upgraded this way and will have to check whether the scripts should be expected to upgrade if the Site1 files are copied across between versions. Importing a snapshot should upgrade the perl scripts correctly?

Ben
                          Ben Popplestone
                          Ecommerce website software

Comment

OK. I know that copying Site1 isn't the recommended way but I still have doubts from prior experience that Snapshot wasn't totally reliable. This may no longer be the case as I've not used snapshot for ages.

If you're sure Snapshot IS now totally safe then I'd be pleased to hear that.

However it might be worth allowing for the copy Site1 route to kick of an upgrade as there may be many people out there who, if disaster strikes, rely on backups of their Site rather than a snapshot and sid backup may well belong to an older version.

Norman

Comment

Since our upgrade I have noticed that whilst auto generate product references is unchecked and I copy and paste a product to create another, click the auto generate button for a new reference number the pop-up html page reference number is not updated and retains the 'copied product pop-up html reference'
                              Any advice ?

Comment

Working...
                              X