Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not really an Actinic question, but hoping for help anyhow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really an Actinic question, but hoping for help anyhow!

I have a counter at the bottom of each page of my site. Although I want the counter, I don't want it to display. Is there an html tag I can put around the code to not display the counter? I can't find anything about this, so I'm hoping for some help here.

Thanks!

Pat
    -------

Pat

Easy answer is not to have a counter....counters are very much related to home sites and in my opinion are amateurish.

Use site stats to see your visitor numbers, if your host doesn't supply them there are online providers you can sign up with. Someone posted info about a perl script that will analyse stats this week too

Comment

I use site statistics. What I'm trying to hide isn't really a counter, but was just a quick way for me to describe it. My site is a scrapbooking supplies store. There is a site that counts hits to sites, and ranks sites by hits. This particular site is very a very popular place for scrapbookers to find stores. I get a lot of hits a day from this site. I want to display their logo/rank display on my home page, but not on all the other pages. I do want it on the other pages, though, so that I get "credit" for hits that come through search engines without visiting the home page. Does this make sense? I will lose business if I take this off, but I would really like to hide it on all but the home page.

Pat
      -------

Pat

Comment

Create a different Act_Primary for the homepage with the code in it
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

size the image to be 1x1 pixels and no-body will notice it.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X