Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new error - says browser not accepting cookies

Hi y'all

we have been running v3 for 3 years now without any problems.

http://www.thevineyard.co.im/acatalog/index.html

Yesterday I updated lots of prices and did a full refresh to the server. Everything seemed OK and the new prices appeared on the page.

Today I checked a little further and tried to place an order. First of all the images no longer appear on the basket page: it looks like the path from cgi-bin (set as ../acatalog/) is incorrect although it hasn't been changed from the initial - working - setting. This makes the link back to the catalog wrong too - it just goes to cgi-bin and shows a directory listing. I've temporarily sorted that with an index.html file set to refresh immediately to /acatalog/.

Secondly, when I tried to checkout I got an error page saying that my browser was not accepting cookies. This is a real surpise as it worked fine when I last placed a test order, about 5 weeks ago. In any case I have set both browser (IE6) and firewall (ZAP) to accept thevineyard.co.im as a trusted domain. I've tried restarting, clearing cookies, used different browsers and checked from another machine with the same results.

Now I'm completely flummoxed - any suggestions?

I've just gone on as a brand new customer and was able to add to the cart without errors.

My guess is that you had a bad session file on your PC that caused Actinic to not know where the acatalog folder was. I suggest you clear all cookies from your machine (or else just come back 12 hours later and take a look).

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
      My guess is that you had a bad session file on your PC that caused Actinic to not know where the acatalog folder was. I suggest you clear all cookies from your machine (or else just come back 12 hours later and take a look).
      Thanks for that Chris. I did try clearing cookies and all cache files without success. I also tried it from another computer on the network with the same result. I had a look at the server with FTP and there were a lot of files with this name pattern:

213Z137Z8Z20A1075140551B9098.cart

with datetime stamps that would tie in with my attempts. They are gone today but there are more new, recent ones.

Hopefully from what you say it's only affecting me and not losing customer - they have few enough as it is

I'm wondering if the firewall is somehow affecting it, even though I have the domain set to be trusted? Did you find the images and paths OK on the checkout page?

Comment

Funny

I had this happen to me today on a PC that is normally okay with Actinic sites. Check you dont have Gator spyware on your PC
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I run ad-aware on a regular basis and have just updated and run it again without finding anything sinister. I usually rely on this - do you recommend anything else?

I was also able to check the site from a computer in a different location but using the same ISP and firewall software as I do: he runs a different virus checker though. Anyway, the same problem showed up on his computer too.

I've also had one computer throw up the 'general script error....' message so I'll probably have a go at patching the scripts as advised by the FAQ to see if that helps.

Any other suggestions will be warmly appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Upgrading to v4.1.1 and then applying the firewall patch should eliminate the remaining issues in your store.

You will need to

1) Download and install the full version of 4.1.0
            2) Download and install the patch for 4.1.1
            3) Copy in the patch to make 4.1.1 work with Norton Internet Security

The place to start all this is http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v4/

Comment

Working...
            X