"Request cancelled by user" printing erro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Request cancelled by user" printing erro

Has anyone seen this error when printing? Suddenly cannot print from within Actinic.

I can print from NOTEPAD on this pc to another remote printer but get tis error suddenly when sending invoices to my regular printer.

When trying to print from this pc to the invoice printer I get RPC Server not available error.

Looked up several explanations for RPC and how to fix but none work.

So Actinic says Request cancelled by user and Windows says RPC not available but the same pc will print to another printer from NOTPAD.

I am a bit lost on this one.

Thanks

Try to print, and from the Select Print Destination window, click Printer Setup and make sure a valid printer is selected.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I just mamaged to print a sales report so it is the invoice printing generating the error not sure if that helps

Comment

Did you try my suggestion above on that dialogue?
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes I did that.

I have acess to to wireless printers on the house so I sent a test print from notepad to both printers

My back up printer was fine but my regular printer gave error message The RPC Server is unavailable

I sent a sales report to both printers my back up was fine but my regular printer gave message Error in File\C:\Progarm Files\Actinic v7\Invoices.rpt | Request canceeled by the user.

I tried invoices back up printer works but main printer gives

Error in File\C:\Progarm Files\Actinic v7\Invoices.rpt | Request cancelled by the user.

My Actinic install is running in XP Mode on an Oracle VM install on a Windows 7 Machine so the RPC call could be a different problem but... who knows with Windows

A bit messy

Comment

A bit messy
            You can say that again.

I'd strip things back to basic and run Actinic natively on Windows 7. If that doesn't work I'd think it might be time for an upgrade.

In fact, given the potential for security holes in V7 I think it's probably time for an upgrade anyway.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

That error message means that there is either

a) a problem with your report
              b) a problem with the printer selected for the report within Sellerdeck.

a) is not impossible but is rare, reports don't usually suddenly break - you can test this by renaming your invoices.rpt file and copying the orders.rpt file to invoices.rpt, if the report then prints then your invoices.rpt file is corrupt and you should get a clean copy from Sellerdeck

b) is usually the reason, as Norman has suggested already. Sellerdeck stores printer details for each report that you use, for the invoice it stores two sets, on for when you run the report from the right click menu and one for when you run the report. This knowledgebase article tells you how to reset the saved printer details :

http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...inter+settings

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X