Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting Auction Info/Payment

Hi,

I am trying to make an area for people to pay for auctions they have won from us. I need them to be able to type in auction number and the total cost themselves, then add to cart and proceed to checkout.

Is this possible?

Cheers

If prices are to the nearest pound then you could have a product called Auction Purchase priced at £1.00 with the Other Info Prompt containing the date and the Quantity the number of pounds to pay. You could use a cutom product template that explains what's going on and renames the Quantity prompt to Value or wahtever.

If that's too kludgy then I have a set of patches that allow the price of selected products to be overridden on the product page. They're not free so contact me off-list if you're interested.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi there,

You can also try the following suggestion;

Setting up your catalogue for donations

If you wanted to configure Actinic Ecommerce purely to receive charitable donations, then this is how you can do it:
      1) Have one product on the first page with a price of one dollar. This product is called 'Donate to such and such'
      2) Change the button prompt to read 'Donate Now'
      3) In Act_ProductLine.html replace any instances of
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE
      with
      <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE -->.
      4) In Design | Text | Web Site | Misc., replace 'Quantity:' with 'How Much Would You Like To Donate? £'
      5) In Design | Text | Web Site | Misc., replace 'Confirm' with 'Donate this amount'
      6) In Business Settings | Shipping and Handling , make sure no shipping charges are made
      7) In Display | Text | Checkout | Invoice Address only ask people their name, phone number and email address. Replace 'Invoice Address' with 'Donator Details'.
      8) Replace 'If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box.' with 'If you wish to go on our mailing list, check this box'.
      9) In Delivery Address change 'Delivery Address' to 'Contact Information'
      10) Don't have any fields shown in General Information

This has been taken from the Advaced User Guide page 55, please click
      HERE
      Thank You
      Menar Khan

Comment

Working...
      X