• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem page – Refresh web site

Problem page – Refresh web site
    I keep getting problems on the following page of my site:

http://www.skatejunkie.co.uk/acatalog/spares.html

It sometimes works properly and other time does not. The pictures failed to be displayed and the bar at the top does not load the boxes correctly.

I have tried completely reloading the site to the web (from web menu on tool bar) and updating the web (from blue arrow). I have even created a new section with new products and deleted the previous one, but still the problem is there.

In addition I have also emptied my cache, in case an older version of the page was stored there but to no avail.

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom?
    Kerri

The file 'Spares.html' seems to be a preview page rather than a live store page- somehow the previewed file has been uploaded to your web site. This can happen when you have accidentaly hard-coded a link to a preview page in your HTML somewhere.

My suggestion is to

1) Check where you think you may have hard-coded a link to the 'Spares' section and ensure it are not pointing to a file in the 'PreviewHTML' folder - also check 'Spares.html' is not listed in 'Advanced | Additional Files'

2) Delete all files from 'PreviewHTML' (and do not preview again until after you have uploaded)

3) Optional: Remove all unnecessary HTML files from your Site1 folder - but ensure you leave the templates (Act_*.html), 'BrochureTestPage.html' and 'DDIndex.html'. You may want to take a snapshot before you do this.

4) Go to 'Web | Refresh Website'.

Hope this fixes it

Comment

Thanks to all

Thanks for the advice - will try it out over the weekend.

Appreciate all the help and ideas i've picked up from this forum!

Most important piece of advice is probably "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS" !!!

Cheers
      Kerri

Comment

Working...
      X