Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-installing problem

Hi all,

I had a computer problem this morning and needed to re-install Actinic v6. When I tried to re-install, it seemed to load ok, but when I try to run the software, it asks me for the authprisation key, which I put in, then press "Authorize". The screen then disappears - I expect it to load the software at this point - but then nothing happens!

No software loaded, nothing! I have backups of the site as it was last night so can load the whole site when I am finally able to load Actinic, I just can't get to that point though.

If I press the Actinic button again (after approx 10 mins!) the splash screen appears for approx 1 sec then nothing again. I looked in the Task Manager and there's no Actinic software running at all.

Help!

TIA

Jack

Hi Jack

When you reinstalled the software, did you also install mdac_type.exe and Jet40Sp3_Comp.exe?

Try the following, if you have your actinic cd, please explore it and you will see a MDAC folder, go into it, and double click on mdac_typ.exe

It will install, once it has done this, then go up one level, and you will see Jet40Sp3_Comp.exe, double click on this as well

Once these two are installed, may be an idea to restart windows, then launch actinic

Please try this

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X