Maintaining Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining Website

I'm thinking of changing my set up so that orders go to one PC and the site is maintained on another. However, I am alittle puzzled by how Stock Control works when you do this.

I download the orders, the stock levels are adjusted and I upload the new stock levels from the PC the orders were downloaded to - is this correct?

I change the stock levels on the site maintenance PC because we had some new stock in and upload the new stock but I do not know what we've sold in the meantime?

Can someone please explain how to maintain stock control procedures under the set up of downloading orders to a separate PC because I am somewhat confused ( and I thought I'd just about got Actinic sussed!).
    Paul Codman
    <a href="http://www.snoozeshop.com/acatalog/index.html" target="_blank">www.snoozeshop.com</a>
    01394 670970

i think you have the idea of 'maintenance' a little mixed up. From what I understand:

Site maintenance is design and layout, etc.

Stock control and quantities is part of order processing.

You wouldn't change the stock levels on the maintenance PC.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi there

Stock Control on Actinic, is done via, downloading of orders first, then doing an update to the website.

To go into greater details, when you download the orders, it reduces the number of stocks on the product within Actinic. Once you do an update of the website, you are sending the new stock information to the website.

This cannot be achieved, if you have one pc for updating the site, and one pc for downloading orders, as the downloading pc, need to update the site

Hope this helps

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Mike and Nadeem - my concept of maintenance is all aspects of Actinic and youi have confirmed my beliefs!

Basically, you can download orders to one PC and maintain your site layout from another BUT not if you want to make use of the stock control functionality.
        Paul Codman
        <a href="http://www.snoozeshop.com/acatalog/index.html" target="_blank">www.snoozeshop.com</a>
        01394 670970

Comment

Basically, you can download orders to one PC and maintain your site layout from another BUT not if you want to make use of the stock control functionality.
          You can't create customer accounts from orders easily either if you use two machines.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X