Individual & Box Price Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual & Box Price Calculations

Hi all...here's the problem. My client sells items and advertises individual prices. The items however are sold by the box. On the site, it currently shows individual pricing but they'd like it to show the box prices on each item also. Here's the question: is there a way to create a template that will take the product price, multiply it by the number of items per box, and display that number. This way each product could display the individual price and the box price. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

Steve

If I were you, I would create a custom property called 'Box Price' and then enter the box price for each product in the 'Properties' tab of the product. Then you can just include CUSTOMVAR:BOX_PRICE underneath NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE in your product layout templates.

Comment

Chris...thanks for the reply. The only catch is that my client has 4 different pricing schedules. Based on who logs in, they see different pricing. This means that the box pricing is also different depending on who logs in. What I need to do is be able to multiply the customer's price schedule by 25 (for example) and then display that as the box price. Any ideas?

Comment

Hmmm. Price Schedules.

Even if we work out how to automatically multiply your prices by the number of items per box, it probably would still not work with the price schedules feature - you would get the different prices for different customers.

All I can suggest is having one product for the 'box' and then have separate products for the individual items. You can still manage the stock monitoring correctly by including a non-optional component in the box product that is associated with the individual product and has the 'Quantity' field set to '4' (or whatever).

Comment

Working...
        X