Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Minmum quantity

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a wine sales site for a client - the situation is that he cannot process less than 12 bottles of wine per order, due to the UK licensing laws.

The user may pick and choose from over 200 items but when they hit the checkout they must have at least 12 bottles in the basket to complete the order.

I'm at loss as how to do this - can you help please ?

Thanks a bunch.

Mac
    Stephen J McEldon

The thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=&threadid=384 discussed something very similar.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hello Norman,

I understand what you're saying but I can't locate Act_Primary - is this an html file genertaed by actinic ? it doesn't seem to be in the acatalog folder.

Thanks,

Mac
      Stephen J McEldon

Comment

OK,

I've worked round it, thanks for your help.

I included javascript function in the actiniccore.js and call it when the next button is pressed in checkout - this fires up a window warning the user they have less than the required amout of bottles.

Now I've been asked if i can include a 'discount code' on the checkout form so users can get discounts if they enter it (it will not be transactional, just needs to get sent back with the order itself.)

Thanks again,

Mac
        Stephen J McEldon

Comment

Act_Primary.html is the main template that Actinic uses to build your product pages. It's in your Site folder (usually Site1). Changes you make there affect every page. That's where you should edit files as any on your server may be overwritten when you next update your catalog.

As to the discount code. There are some used defined fields available in the checkout. You can rename these e.g. "How did you find us" (Design / Text / Web Site(Cont) / General Information) can be Enter discount code.

This appears rather late in the checkout. There are other fields that appear earlier but they are usually checkboxes. They can probably be converted to text fields and there will surely be old postings here about that.

There are also plenty of unused fields in the Customers Invoice Address field (Company / Fax No. etc) that you could rename and use.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman you lovely man.

Mac
            Stephen J McEldon

Comment

Working...
            X