Product quantity hidden but always set to 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product quantity hidden but always set to 1

Is it possible to remove 'quantity' from the product layout section, yet have it always set to 1? Am aware this should be possible via a hidden field in Act_ProductLine.html but can't work out what to put in it.

Tried KB and forum search to no avail.

Replace

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

with

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY --><input type=hidden name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Brilliant - works a treat. Thanks!

Comment

Hidden Product Quantity in Duplicate Items

I've been trying to hide product quantities on the product page using the AUG (V7, P23) mod to Act_ProductLine. It works fine on standard products, but doesn't seem to with duplicate products - if a duplicate product uses this mod, then when 'Add to Cart' is pressed, the user gets an error saying that product quantity must be between 1 and 32k, and the product can't be added to the cart. Leave the product quantity on the page, and it works fine.

I'm guessing it's something to do with how Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE is handled and the product reference generated for duplicate items. For example, product reference CP104 when duplicated has <a name> tag of a2_21CP104, but when the quantity is taken, <INPUT NAME="Q_2!CP104">, so I'm guessing the Q_NETQUOTEVAR patch won't work properly. Am I way off the mark?

Any thoughts on how to get it working...?

Neil
        Neil Rabbitts
        Out of the Hat Ltd

www.outofthehat.co.uk - personalised gifts and more

Comment

It's a bug I think. NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE seems to only generate the original product reference.

I reported this ages ago as it does indeed break some of Actinic own Advanced Guide and Knowledge base patches.

As a kludgy workaround, you could use CSS to hide the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY like this
          Code:
          <span style="display: none; visibility: hidden">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY</span>
          This seems to work OK, and you'll get the value that would have appeared (presumably 1) passed to the cart.

PS I presume your'e using V7 as Duplicates are a V7 thing but this is on the V6 Forum.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman. Yes, I'm on V7, but this seemed to be the most relevant discussion on the forum, and I try to keep things together if possible... makes it easier for people to find relevant stuff....

N
            Neil Rabbitts
            Out of the Hat Ltd

www.outofthehat.co.uk - personalised gifts and more

Comment

Working...
            X