Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back ordering

OK a question about back ordering....

Basically I'd like to know if it's possible to set up a button on the site which the customer can click to back order an item.

E.g. At the moment, there is a "buy now" button next to each item on the website which obviously adds the item to the customer's cart when they click it.

If an item is out of stock, it says "out of stock" where the "buy now" button was. What would be convenient for us is if, instead of just saying "out of stock" when we do not have the item here, there was also a "back order" button, so that the customer would know that we didn't currently have it in stock but could still order it if they wanted.

Hope I've explained myself clearly enough!

As there is no in built solution in the software (that I am aware of), you could work around this manaully as follows:

when an item goes out of stock:

1) manually add a description eg "SORRY, THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK BUT YOU MAY PLACE A BACK ORDER IF YOU WISH"

2) reset stock quantity to above zero, if you are using stock control. This is necessary to re-enable the add to cart button.

3) change the button description (in the 'prompts' tab) to read "BACK ORDER

the order can then sit on your system as is, until the product comes in, or you can make it a system back order if you prefer, by following the help instructions for back orders.

I know it sounds like a performance, but if you had the text and button changes stored ready to cut and paste, it shouldn't be too bad.

Hope thats a help

Martin

Comment

Working...
    X