Froogle Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle Data Feed

Can anyone explain to me how froogle deals with a few things?

We're not looking to use the feed for Froogle but for another similar thing we've signed up for (Pangora) - but at the moment it's near on impossible to keep the feed to them up to date because of the work involved and have only just thought about using the froogle and amending it.

However what I don't know is what will happen with:

Products that have the component pricing - do you get the info for this. and products that are in more than one section - do you get each product - or just one?

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

The easiest way to answer the questions is to create a froogle data feed and then interrogate the txt file.

You will have to have 6.1.4 before you do this

Comment

Thanks Jo - was just wondering if anyone knew before I tried.

Is there a problem with the froogle feed in V6.1.3 then?

Good reason to get round to going to .4!

Thanks

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

I thought as much!! sometimes it is better to test yourself coz then you know what you will get...

Don't bother doing the feed unless you have 6.1.4.

previous versions replace hard returns with tab delimiters, which essentially means if you have returns in your procuct description your output file is unuseable.

I have used 6.1.4 froogle feed for Kelkoo input without issue

Comment

Kathy

Have you hade any success with this?

I have signed up with Pangora and have been looking at how best to make it work. Especially as I want to make it go to the product and not the page.

I suppose I could update the Froogle feed and concatinate the link and the product reference.

As yet I don't have any thumbnails so these will need generating.

I think I might try some specific products before I export the whole catalogue.

Comment

Working...
          X