Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usind an external Database for Product Properties

I know you can use an external database as a base for my main products ,

but can i use the same external database for product properties i.e different colours and sizes of a product ?????????????

You can't link these fields using external DB linking. What you could do though is generate a hierarchical import file from your external database and then import those details.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

product searching update from hierarcical db

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      You can't link these fields using external DB linking. What you could do though is generate a hierarchical import file from your external database and then import those details.

Regards,
      how do i create a hierarcical db? I am now using actinic 9-

Comment

If you export the catalog and open it in Excel you will see the format of the hierarchical import/export. Spend some time understanding how that works and then you will need to create the same type of format from your external database so the dat can be imported into Actinic.

Comment

Have I understood this correctly?

If I want to link my shop to an external database, and my shop has size choices linking to hidden products... I cant do it??

This was a future project I had planned... To run the shop from an external database.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X