Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P_Index

Hello

I want to edit the product section page so that I have my company branding and only only a few product sections in - 'New In' and 'Catalogue'.

I have looked at the P_Index file that I found in the PreviewHTML file and edited this within Dreamweaver and saved it back, but when i review my site, it reverts back to the original design.

What file do i need to edit so that my design stays. I assume that since it is the preview (P_...) file that i edited, this is why it did not stay.

Thanks for info.

Steven

the templates to edit are the ones in site1

Act_primary.html

Act_productline.html

etc

Comment

As Jo says, the front page of the store comes from two main templates:

Act_Primary.html - the general overall layout template that controls the design that does around your products and sections.

Act_CatalogBody.html - the front page layout template that arranges where your products and sections appear within the front page.

A guide to design can be found here and if you go to 'Help | Help Topics | Index' in Actinic, you will see an alphabetical list of all the templates in Actinic, with information about each one.

Comment

Hi Jo/Chris

Thanks for that. Perhaps I can glean some more from you both...

On my product page I have a table of products but no column headings. I previously had created column headings in Product_Body which did work, but they also appeared on the page with the product sections on (below the product section names). However, now that I have got the product section page working and without the column headings appearing too, I now have lost them on my product page. I am left with the products appearing in a table as required, but without any headings.

So, where can I add my headings so that they only appear on my product page and not also in the sections page. I have had a look in the developers guide and (just so you know I did check Chris!!!), on page 30 it explains how to lay out product info in compact rows but it does not mention headers ie Product | Price | Condition....

Thanks for info

Steven

Comment

This is a tricky one (but not impossible).

What you need to do is create a custom overall layout template (normally called Act_Primary.html) that will just be used on the front page of the store, and will lay out your section links, but will not lay out any products (and hence no product table column headers that you may have included in Act_ProductBody.html).

What you need to do is go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click 'Edit' next to the 'Front Page Layout' field.

Save the template as 'Act_PrimaryFrontPage.html'.

Within the template, locate NETQUOTEVAR:BULK and replace it with:

Code:
          <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:BULK -->
          <Actinic:WELCOME/>
          </FORM>
          <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL">
          <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
          NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBODY
          </FORM>
          <FORM METHOD=NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL">
          <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
          NETQUOTEVAR:DESITEMAPLINK
          NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLISTTOP
          NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLISTBOTTOM
          NETQUOTEVAR:SPLASHTEXTBODY
          NETQUOTEVAR:INFOLINES
          (which is basically the content of Act_CatalogBody.html without the products).

Then, make sure you are using 'Act_PrimaryFrontPage.html' in the 'Front Page Layout' field and you should be all set.

Comment

Hi Chris

Following on from your advice on how to add table column headers within the store but not at the store section level, I did what you suggested and it works great.

however, I have been trying to show the name 'Store' at section level, i have identical code in Act_PrimaryFrontpage as I do in Act_Primary, but the NETQUOTEVAR:PARENTSECTIONSTOP does not seem to be doing anything.

I have attached the code for the Frontpage, any chance you can take a look. (I actually have NETQUOTEVAR:PARENTSECTIONSTOP in twice but the first one is <!-- --> out).

The link to the store is http://www.fidelitydj.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Thanks

Steven
            Attached Files

Comment

PARENTSECTIONSTOP does not work on the front page of your store.

You manually need to enter the code you need into the overall layout template for the front page of the store in order to achieve the look you require.

Comment

Hello

I have set up my store top and store pages as detailed in this thread, having a seperate (but similar) template for the store top (Act_PrimaryFrontPage.html), and store page (Act_Primary.html).

This works great, but tonight I have added in subsection to my products. I now have a similar occurance but at 1 level down, on my store subsection page, I have the product table headings appearing.

An example I feel will explain better....

http://www.fidelitydj.co.uk/acatalog/store_newin.html

Is it also possible to create a seperate template for this level? Looking at Design | Options, I feel it is one of the Section Link templates.

Appreciate any feedback here. (I am using the Nortree too which from a user point works really well. The only time that customers will see the store top page is after completing a purchase, the 'Next' button on the receipt takes them here)

Thanks as always, almost there now!!

Steven

Comment

Is it also possible to create a seperate template for this level?
                  Yes - create an overall layout template without the table code in it, and then select the file you have created within the 'Overall Layout' field, within the 'Layout' tab of the section.

Comment

Cheers Chris

I used the template that i created earlier ('Act_PrimaryFrontPage.html') and renamed 'Act_PrimaryFrontPageSubSection.html'. This way, i already had the formatting sorted, and without the table headers that appear on my product pages.

Saved this as suggested in the overall layout... inserted into the Matrix, and all is good.

Thanks
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X