Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Q's Re: License, Worldpay, Hosting & Templates

Hi

This is my first post on the boards and am just developing a design for a new website. I have a site of my own which I have a draft design of from a while back which I would now like to develop and my wife also has a great idea for a site which she wants me to help her with.

I have a couple of questions which I'd really appreciate a bit of help with

Firstly, I also have a couple of other ideas for future sites. At the moment I wish to launch two sites. If I purchase Business V6 can I pay extra for a second license, or do you basically need to pay the purchase price twice - if so, I suppose I need to decide whether to invest in the developer version. If I do purchase the developer version witht he download module, can this be used on multiple sites or is there any extra cost 'per site' for the download functionality?

When looking at developing my site previously I looked at a lot of the available payment processors and like the look of WorldPay. One of the reasons for this is the functionality which allows you to take telephone orders and process them via a web interface.

Does anybody know if I would be required to set up a WorldPay 'account' for each website or could I direct say three sites to the same account for card processing purposes?

Or is there a better alternative to WorldPay?

Almost there - I currently have a non e-commerce site hosted with 1 & 1 but they are not an Actininc 'Partner'. As I have no experience of using Actinic would it be better to purchase the software and hosting through a partner company to ensure the hosting package is the right one and for support purposes?

The last question I have is re: Actinic templates. Is there anywhere on the Actinic website where you cna view the available options, because I guess it would make everything easier to design the whole site in Actininc. I have some experience of using Dreamweaver but am by now means an expert in this area so the easier I can make things the better

Sorry for so many questions - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Phil

At the moment I wish to launch two sites. If I purchase Business V6 can I pay extra for a second license, or do you basically need to pay the purchase price twice
    You would need to buy a license for each site you want o build, so you would need to pay £799 twice.
    If I do purchase the developer version witht he download module, can this be used on multiple sites or is there any extra cost 'per site' for the download functionality?
    No - the digital download functionality is multi-site.
    Does anybody know if I would be required to set up a WorldPay 'account' for each website or could I direct say three sites to the same account for card processing purposes?
    From what I have read, if each site is for the same business then you could do this. If it is three separate businesses then you would need three different accounts.
    would it be better to purchase the software and hosting through a partner company to ensure the hosting package is the right one and for support purposes?
    There are a few people on this forum that run with oneandone, so they do seem to be able to run Actinic. You will need the higher-end 'Business' hosting package though.
    Is there anywhere on the Actinic website where you cna view the available options, because I guess it would make everything easier to design the whole site in Actininc.
    I don't really understand the question, but there is a half-decent introduction to designing with Actinic in this guide. I hope you find it useful.

Comment

You would need to buy a license for each site you want o build, so you would need to pay £799 twice.
      Or you could upgrade your copy of business to developer which might cost a bit more than that but would give you the ability to develop as many sites as you liked on a single machine. If you then wanted to run them on separate machines then you would need to buy a license for that machine as well (catalog, business or developer depending on the features you had used in the site).

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for your replies

If I buy developer, and then need say just the features of catalog on a separate PC (for my wife to use for her site) how much would the licence cost us - is it the same cost as buying just Catalog alone or do you get it at any reduced rate as you have bought developer previously?

Thanks
        Phil

Comment

I would call our Sales team on 0845 129 4800 for an answer to this, as I get a bit lost with licensing issues.

Comment

Working...
          X