Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Site Configuration

Hi

I'm trying to test the site I've set up so far before I get too carried away!! We currently have BT hosting our existing site (with their hopeless shopping facility). I don't want to overwrite this yet until the new Actinic site is fully functional. Needless to say, trying to get any help from BT on the Configuration of the Actinic Web site to upload it is impossible. Can anyone tell me the path names for the 'Perl Shell' and 'CGI-Bin' which I need to enter in 'Advanced Network Setup'.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi there

We currently have BT hosting
    If I remember correctly, BT do not allow the correct permissions on their cgi-bin for Actinic to run. Actinic requires 755, where BT only allows 644. You could check with them to see if they have relaxed this.

If the have not, unfortunately Actinic will not work. You could take a look at our hosting partners

here or Pinbrook Hosting Here

Hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Darren. I'll look into it. I wanted to change the host anyway!!

Regards

Sarah

Comment

BT Hosting

I can confirm that BT HAVE NOT relaxed their permissions and as such I too cannot run Actinic on their servers.

Their support is pants, on average 5 days to get a useless reply.

Any hosting suggestions?

Comment

BT /docs/cust-cgi/ permissions

I can confirm as of 22/04/2005 BT has not relaxed the permissions I will send the txt file seeking answers. will update if response is positive.
          Kush

Comment

we had exactly the same trouble with BT - took me two weeks to work out it wasn't anything I was doing wrong!!!

anyway, Fasthosts sorted us right out - there's others out there but back then, I was on a right steep learning curve; and any webhost which can immediately tell me what networks settings I need to enter manually is good enough for me!!
            still thinking of one...

Comment

Working...
            X