Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splitting to 2 PC's - where r orders kept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting to 2 PC's - where r orders kept?

I have developed a site: www.jrinkjet.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html and now need to split the functions of orders and development to 2 PC's.

I have all the instructions on how to physically accomplish this but as the shop has been running from over a week, there are orders on my PC that I need to transfer across to the orders PC.

Does a snapshot also contain the orders?

Do I need to do a complete backup to get them?

Or is there another place they are held?

Regards,
    Jeff

Hi there,

The snapshot does contain orders. In order to capture the orders in the downloading machine please ensure whilst going through the process of importing the snapshot, on the forth screen please tick the option 'Overwrite All Orders in Target Installation'.

Hope this helps
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Thanks for reply

Menar,

Many thanks for the info. I found the database files in the Site1 folder (MS Access), made very intertesting viewing.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards,
      Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff

You may wish to read this thread:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=5402

I believe that the same priniples apply to v6 even though I raised this as a v4 issue.
        Paul Codman
        <a href="http://www.snoozeshop.com/acatalog/index.html" target="_blank">www.snoozeshop.com</a>
        01394 670970

Comment

To split or not to split?

Paul,
          Thanks for the reply.
          On the link to the other thread there is a message from Jan regarding not being able to creat accounts from orders if the machines are split.

The next phase (after splitting) will be an upgrade (if one exists) to Business to enable quantitiy dependent pricing, user accounts and then the Sage Line 50 link.

will splitting affect any of these?

Jeff

Comment

The next phase (after splitting) will be an upgrade (if one exists) to Business to enable quantitiy dependent pricing, user accounts and then the Sage Line 50 link.
            The Sage Line 50 link will actually get around any problems with splitting. As Jan says with splitting, you cannot click the 'Create Customer Account' button to create a customer account from a downloaded order, as the customer accounts are created and managed on the upload machine.

However, with Sage Line 50 you can transfer orders into Sage from the download machine, and you have an option to create customer accounts in Sage from the downloaded orders. You can then transfer these customer accounts from Sage into the upload machine.

Quantity-based pricing is not affected at all by splitting.

Comment

Chris,
              Many thanks for the speedy reply.

If we go for Business can we upgrade our Catalog or do we have to do a clean install and restore our data files?

Regards,
              Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

If you have got a business licence key, then you can simply go to "Housekeeping | Upgrade" and enter your business licence key here, and it will upgrade catalog to business

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X