Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapshot

hi
    i am trying to use the snapshot function, to transfer my catalog onto my other computer, but when trying it says that all folders outside the catalogue directory will be put in a seperate folder, and then it does not complete the snapshot. all these folders are my photos and images i use in my catalogue.. do i have to store these images somewhere in actinics directory, because at the moment they are stored in 'mydocuments/my pictures'
    anyone got any ideas.
    many thanks..

Hi Wayne

The best place to store your images would be in your site1 folder which is found in Actinic Ecommerce v5/Sites on your machine.

Once you have done this, you would need to go into Actinic and change the paths of your images within your product details so that it is pointing to the site1 folder.

That generally makes the snapshot function run more smoothly.

Hope that helps.

Comment

thanks james
      do i have to manualy change each path for the images as there are about 600

Comment

Unless you have a csv file created with all your products and image paths on...

If you have that, or you created one, you can simply import the csv file, using the same product references but with the new image file paths. Then it would amend all the paths that currently exist in your product details, but not make any other changes - however if you dont have a file like this already, im imagining it would be more work than doing it manually!

Dont forget to take a snapshot before importing, and overwritting data!

Comment

Working...
        X