Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WorldPay Warnings & Downloaded Files

Hi All,

OK, so here's the issue. I receive a WARNING alert email from WorldPay when a new member pays the £10 joining fee as follows (incase anyone has not seen it before..)

WorldAlert result: WARNING
    This transaction has been identified as potentially high risk. We strongly recommend further checks before fulfilment of an order. If the transaction has been authorised by the Bank for available funds and you choose not to fulfil you must refund the transaction and contact the Shopper to inform them.

Now how can it be possible to to do any 'further checks' when the client has already downloaded the image? Membership is do-able because if they check out to be a bad risk then they can be barred from shopping on my site but the WorldPay site doesn't really tell you how to go about checking this 'Warning' and exactly why it has appeared?

They give you severasl possible reasons but I still don't know how to check this person out? The first time I got this message was someone joined but the WorldPay email said that the transaction had been processed. I received another order today from the same member, this time for £35, and get the same Warning from WorldPay.

I know I will have to talk to WorldPay about this but my reason for posting was, how can we check properly because once the credit card has been authorised via WorldPay, the client gets the url to download the image and they could, potentially, download the whole site. Does this mean that the bank could (after this has happened) refuse to honour the payment?

Thanks

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

WorldPay

I just received this reply from WorldPay:

Dear Brian,

There is not much you can do about this transaction, it looks that a
    payment was collected anyway. As a general rule if you are selling
    downloadable products over the web, you should set it in your callback
    script that if a transaction is flagged with a warning, then dont give
    access to the pruduct purchased.

I didn't know you could do this? I don't see what it would achieve though because how would I check the customer still? If WorldPay thinks there is nothing much I can do about it, what can I do about if I apply the above advice?

Sure, I can stop them downloading the image (very important so I will look into doing this) but if I can't prove their integrity surely, I lose their custom?

Hmmm... any advise?

Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

I can't help with where to change the scripts but can say that I always get a warning, even on test messages placed with my own address.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

You mean you always get a Warning message from WorldPay? That's a bit odd isn't it?

What I did in the end was email this chap and was very upfront. I told him that we had suspended his account until we had 'verified' his card details. I thought that maybe, if he was a bad customer, he wouldn't get back to me and I could leave account suspended but he did contact me and verified his address (which could have been made up I guess?)

Bottom line here is, I STILL do not know how WorldPay expect us to 'check' these customers? I received another email today from someone at WorldPay saying:

Hi,

I would suggest that if you are going to use this approach, that rather than give them the download you give them information indicating there was a problem and requesting they contact you. You can then make further checks on the transaction and decide whether to supply the product or refund the transaction.

But make what 'further checks'?

I don't think I am going to get anywhere with this, especially if Jan is getting warning messages on her own test orders!

Brian

Comment

It's a lot easier for me because my customers tend to run shops on the internet and so are fairly easy to check out. If I don't recognise the name from these forums I tend to just take a look at their web site and check their address matches their name.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Sure Jan,

I understand. The biggest issue with my whole shop idea for supplying licensed art on-line that you can actually download, is integrity of customers!

All I can do is keep my terms & conditions tight and hope not too many folks try to abuse them in many ways!

Brian

Comment

Working...
            X