Applying VAT successfully in Version 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying VAT successfully in Version 5

Can anyone please help!!!I am trying to set up my tax settings to read VAT payable in the UK & EU and USA /Canada to be exempt. I have set up tax zones for UK, EU and USA/Canada and selected no exemption applicable for UK & EU as I dont want customers to exempt themselves. I have selected exemption for the USA & Canada so that they are given an option box to tick on the checkout page. But when you go through with an order I cannot get it to apply right in all circumstances. It seems to want to apply no VAT at all as viewing the sale as from the USA. What am I doing wrong???? I would appreciate any help.

I have selected exemption for the USA & Canada so that they are given an option box to tick on the checkout page.
    You should not have to do this. Just add them to the 'No Tax Levied' zone that is there already.

Click on 'No Tax Levied'

Click on 'Edit Zone'

Highlight 'United States' and 'Canada' right-hand list and add them to the left-hand list with the '<' button.

You may want remove all the states and provinces within the US and Canada with the '>' button as otherwise you get a 'Select State/Province' drop-down appearing in the checkout.

Comment

Chris, Thank you so much. It works!! I will be using this forum again. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X