Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Shipping options/charges

Hi All

What I'm trying to do is offer my (UK only) customers 2 options for shipping:-

1. Free local delivery
    2. Overnight delivery by carrier, with charge £6 up tp £100 order value, £3 if order is between £100 and £150, and free for orders over £150.

I've tried to set this up on the business settings -> shipping and handling tab, but it doesn't give me the expected results. Even though the screen message says "Select your deleivery option...", there is no drop-down menu to select between the two choices, and it defaults to the carrier option. It does not offer the user the choice of the other option.

Any ideas?

Nick
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Nick

What do you mean exactly by 'Local Delivery' - is this just available to customers in the UK?

In which case, set the calculation basis of your store to 'Total Value'.

Then, create two shipping classes within 'United Kingdom' (Right Click | Add Class | New Class) called 'Free Local Delivery' and 'Overnight Delivery'

In the grid for 'Local Delivery', set the Order Value to '£1.00' and the Cost to '£0.00' and set Excess to 'Take the Highest Value in the Table'

In the Grid for 'Overnight Delivery' set up the following:
    Order Value | Cost
    £100.00 | £6.00
    £150.00 | £3.00
    £151.00 | £0.00

And set Excess to 'Take the Highest Value in the Table'

Comment

Hi Chris

Local delivery is a free service offered to customers local to where we are based. Overnight delivery is nationwide, and is chargeable. We only sell in the UK.

Your advice worked fine - I had it set up mostly like you said anyway, I think the problem was with the excess settings.

One more query on this - the customer is only offered the opportunity to select shipping method (which affects cost) once at the checkout, yet prior to this, when viewing the cart, a shipping cost is shown. It defaults to one of the shipping options - is this just the first one in the table, or is there some way of controlling the default?

Regards

Nick
      Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

There is no way of controlling the default - Actinic normally offers the lowest cost initially and then offers the chance to swap to a higher cost once the customer has entered the checkout. This can sometimes work differently if you have a cookie stored in the browser that remembers you have previously selected an alternative shipping cost.

Comment

Working...
        X